Page 4

You leave the other kits behind to their squabbles, nose in the air. You watch Violetkit fall while trying to climb Mossfur's tail and Eaglekit and Sparrowkit while Ravenkit eggs them on. You're confident that you made the right choice leaving all of that childish nonsense behind.

Brindleclaw's orange eyes look at you and you shudder a bit involuntarily. Why am I so scared? this is my mom, you think. Brindleclaw seems to notice and pads over to you. "Vhat is vrong, little kit?" she asks in her strange accent not heard among the rest of your clan.

"Nothing's wrong, Mom. I just don't feel like playing with the other kits today," you explain. "I just think I could be doing so much more than wasting my time in this nursery."

Brindleclaw lets out a loud booming laugh that momentarily draws everyone else's attention. "You sound just like Brindleclaw. Believe it or not, I vas kit once too."

"But that's the problem, I don't want to be a kit anymore. I'm ready to be an apprentice," you sigh.

"Zat is exactly how Brindleclaw feels. I did not choose to be queen, but existence is cold and cruel mistress zat cares not for you or me." Brindleclaw's tail curved into a question mark as she looked thoughtful. "Vhat about zis? Brindleclaw vill teach you little of vhat she know about battle and zen you vill go back to being happy little kit, okay?"

1.This is the chance to prove you're ready to take on the world. Besides, battle training sounds like the perfect blend of fun and useful you've been waiting for. Go to Page 10.

2.Brindleclaw just doesn't get it! You need to be alone. Go to Page 11.

AN: Don't forget to upvote the part and reply with what choice you make. It really helps me out.