Page 6

"She's got a point Sparrowkit, you are being a bit of a mouseheart," you say. Sparrowkit's tail goes between his legs and he drops to his paws. A bit more kindly, you add, "The old Mossball was fine and all, but I want to try something new. Don't take it personally." Sparrowkit nods, although his eyes look a bit misty.

Eaglekit nods at you, a slight smile playing on his face. "Well, well, well, guess you have a spine after all." He looks down at Sparrowkit and narrows his eyes. "Get up Sparrowkit. Stop being such a kit and I'll show you what a real tom can do with a mossball." Sparrowkit reluctantly gets up.

Ravenkit stares at you, her fur bristled and her eyes wide. She shakes her head, and gives you an unusual look. Is that gratitude in her eyes? It seems to pass and she grabs the mossball. "Everyone get in a circle," she says. Eaglekit looks like he's about to complain, but shakes his head and gets into place beside you and Sparrowkit. Ravenkit joins the circle and places the mossball in between the four of you. "Try to grab the ball on the count of three. Three, two, one, GO!"

Eaglekit starts off strong and pushes everyone back to grab the mossball. Sparrowkit makes a feeble attempt to get it back that quickly has him laying dazed on the den floor. Ravenkit tries to bat at Eaglekit, giggling. Eaglekit has no trouble evading her and you realize that it's going to be up to you.

You run this way and that trying to grab the mossball from his mouth, but Eaglekit always seems to be one step ahead. He makes rapid turns and uses his larger size to block your path. After he uses his tail to trip you up, you pull your face out of the dirt and decide you need a new strategy.

He races by, sticking out his tongue. "You're too slow!" he laughs. You let him tire himself, waiting for the perfect chance to leap. Suddenly you spring to your paws and feint to his left. Predictably, he moves to his right and you use the opportunity to meet him where he is, biting down on the mossball. You both try to tug it out of each other's mouth. Eaglekit growls in frustration. Bit by bit, you tear the mossball out of his mouth. You laugh, but it fades as Ravenkit leaps on you.

In the scuffle, the mossball is destroyed. Eaglekit pads over to you, but to your surprise instead of attacking you, he bunts his head against yours. "You handled yourself okay out there. Who knows, maybe you'll even become half as good as me one day."

You give a half-hearted smile at his backhanded compliment. "Thanks, I guess," you reply.

"It's your fault the mossball got wrecked! I'm done playing dungbrained games with you!" shouts Ravenkit, stomping off to the other side of the den. Sparrowkit returns to Mossfur's side without saying a word to you. You frown slightly at the sour turn the game took, but head to Brindleclaw with a final wave to Eaglekit.

Gain One Relationship point with Eaglekit. Go to Page 12.

AN: Don't forget to upvote the part and reply. It really helps me out.