Page 27

I've got to check on someone else, you sign to Violetkit. She nods in understanding. You pad over to Sparrowkit, feeling bad. "H-hey, you feeling any better?" you ask nervously.

Sparrowkit's fur is bristled and his back arched. You catch a glimpse of his eyes and they look red from tears. He wipes them furiously and looks back at you. "What do you want?" he snaps.

You take a few steps back. You've never seen Sparrowkit this mad. "Woah, easy. I just wanted to check up on you. How're you doing?"

Sparrowkit looks away. "I-I don't want to talk about it. Is Violetkit okay at least?"

"Yeah, I talked to her. She's feeling much better now," you say.

Sparrowkit sighs. "I feel terrible. I acted like such a foxheart back there. Violetkit deserves a better brother..."

"You're right," you say in a playful tone, trying to keep the conversation light. You give him a little nudge.

Sparrowkit glares at you and nudges back harder. Then a small smile appears on his face. "Fair enough, I guess deserved that." He looked down at the ground again in silence.

"Hey Sparrowkit, what was that idea you had to stick it to Eaglekit and Ravenkit again? Sounds like fun," you say, moving closer and giving a conspiratorial smile.

Sparrowkit looks up at you, and his eyes glow with excitement. "I wanna bring something back from outside camp. I wanna show them that we're not mousehearts and we're braver than they'll ever be!" Under some other circumstances, you feel like you'd have a lot of doubts about this idea, but right now seeing Sparrowkit's passion you feel like you just can't say no. You nod to him, and you both sneak out the camp entrance.

Go to Page 23.

A/N: Please don't forget to upvote,  add the story to your library, and reply. It really helps me out.