Punishment

It was the day after New Years and Chase had a New Years he knew he would never forget. It was a day from hell, he was almost convicted as a felon as he was arrested for attempted murder. Thankfully there was video footage that proved he wasn't the only good thing to come from that day was their enemy Sweetie going to military school. Chase thought he was going to be able to sleep in as he was grounded and basically couldn't do anything. He was dead wrong as Ryder woke him up at 8 am "Chase it is time to get up" Ryder said. Chase groaned and said "Why? I am grounded not like I can do anything anyways" "Ah but that my son is where you are wrong. Being grounded means you get to help around the house. There are lots of chores that need to be done. Get up now" Ryder said as he left the room. Chase's german shepard puppy Ace jumped onto the bed and licked his face. Chase gave him a scratch behind the ear and said "Ace this is going to be a terrible punishment. I don't know how long it will last but I am hating it already" as he rolled out of bed and headed downstairs. Ace followed him barking happily as he ran into a dalmatian puppy and they started playing. "Chase there is your list, I am taking Cassie to the ski hill, Mom is at work and I am not sure what Marshall is doing. Have fun" Ryder said a little evilly at the end. Chase groaned there were at least 10 things on the list, he started in the kitchen as he emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it with dirty dishes. Marshall came downstairs and fed his puppy and made a bigger mess in the kitchen as he made himself breakfast. "Seriously Marshall, I just cleaned that" Chase said. "Sorry man" Marshall apologized as he put his dish away and said "I am taking Blaze out going to meet our friends at the dog park. See you later" Marshall said. Chase groaned he wished he could go to the dog park with Ace, he felt bad for his pup as he was stuck inside with him. "Sorry little buddy, I can't go to the dog park with you. I can let you in the backyard though" Chase said to his puppy. Ace barked wagging his tail not really sure what his owner said but was still happy regardless. Chase finished in the kitchen and moved onto the bathrooms as they were the next biggest thing on the list. 

Marshall met with Rocky and Rubble at the dog park and he said "So Chase, is grounded not sure for how long. Sweetie was shipped off to military school. I feel at least school will be better without her." "I agree, she almost killed me and well I can't stress this enough I am glad she is gone at least for now. I really hate her" Rocky said. Zuma came with his chocolate lab Reef and said "Hey dudes" "Hey Zuma" they all said. "Zuma I wanted to thank you for saving me, I feel like I owe you so much. The water was freezing and well you jumped in risking your own life for me. So thanks man I am grateful. Rocky said. "Dude you are literally one of my best friends, I would have dove in for a complete stranger. It is what I do I save people in the water. I wasn't going to let my best friend die. Rocky dude you don't owe me anything I am just glad you are safe" Zuma said. They hung out for a bit longer and Rubble said "Well my dog is literally pooped he doesn't even want to move. Lazy little dude, come on Dozer let's go home" the English bulldog barked and followed his owner rather slowly but managed to keep moving. "So how is Chase doing?" Zuma asked. "Well right now he is cleaning the house, and he is not allowed to really do anything. He is only on day 1 and he is already irritable and grumpy." Marshall said. Both Rocky and Zuma laughed and said "What about Ace, is he allowed to take him out?" Rocky asked. "I am not sure, but regardless if need be I can walk Ace I would hate for him to be cooped up too" Marshall said. "Yeah Scrap misses his buddy" Rocky said as his mixed breed ran up to him carrying the stick he found. 

Chase was almost done cleaning as Katie came home and said "wow it smells nice in here. Chase did you clean the whole house?" "Yeah dad gave me a list. I am just finishing the floors and I am done" Chase said. "Wow I am impressed, I didn't think you could clean, I will start dinner" Katie said. "No need mom, lasagna is in the oven should be ready in 40 minutes" Chase said. "You made a lasagna?" Katie asked more impressed. "Dinner was on the list and well I figured that was the easiest. Not sure how it will taste though" Chase said. "Where did you learn how to make a lasagna?" Katie asked. "I know I am not allowed to use a computer but I googled it. Figured I couldn't really get in trouble because it was on the list" Chase said. Katie was beyond impressed as Ryder and Cassie came home, "Mommy! guess what" Cassie squealed. "What sweetie?" Katie asked. "I stopped! and I didn't fall down when I did it. Everest is the best teacher!" Cassie said excitedly. "Good job! That she is" Katie said. Ryder was impressed with the clean house and said "Good job Chase, tomorrow is a new day" Chase groaned "Really? I mean how many times do I have to clean the house?" he asked. "I never said you had to clean again, there is other things for you to do" Ryder said. Chase rolled his eyes really hoping it was easier than this. "Can I take Ace for a walk?" Chase asked. "Nope, that is leaving the house. Cassie and I will take him" Ryder said. "Yay" Cassie squealed as she grabbed Ace's leash and they left with him. "Mom, I don't know if I can take this punishment lightly" Chase said. "I am sorry Chase, you brought this on yourself. I am on your dad's side, but if you cooperate it won't last forever hang in there" Katie said. Marshall returned with Blaze as did Ryder and Cassie with Ace, they all sat down to dinner. "This is yummy mommy" Cassie said taking another bite of the lasagna. "Hey credit goes to Chase, who knew he could cook" Katie said. "You made this?" Marshall asked, "Yeah it was on the list" Chase said. Ryder was also impressed and said, "Wow Chase, Marshall can do the dishes tonight, you earned a free pass" Marshall groaned but did them anyways.