First day of school

Chase groaned as his alarm went off, he hit the button and rolled back over. Marshall was already up and getting ready he was excited for school. Katie was preparing breakfast and she looked at her 4 year old daughter, "Cassie my sweet can you go make sure your brother is awake" she said. "Okay mommy" Cassie said as she ran upstairs, she saw Marshall come out of the bathroom and said excitedly  "Morning Marshy!" "Morning Cassie!" Marshall said just excitedly as she did. She called him Marshy as Marshall was to long for her to say and she liked calling him that. She ran into Chase's room and jumped onto his bed. "Chase!!!!!!!! Wake up!!!!!!" she said loudly and super close to his ears. Chase grabbed his little sister and tickled her getting a screaming fit of giggles from her. "I am up thanks squirt, for blowing out my ear drums" he said to her finally letting her breathe. "No problem, and don't call me squirt!" Cassie said as she jumped off the bed and left the room. Chase laughed as he dressed in a grey t-shirt with his favorite blue hoodie and a pair of jeans. Chase came downstairs and quickly had breakfast before it was time to go to school. Cassie jumped at Chase and gave him a big hug, "Bye Chase I love you" she said. "Love you to squirt" Chase said as he hugged her back. Cassie quickly hugged Marshall and her dad as well. "Bye baby girl have fun at preschool" Ryder said kissing Cassie on the head. The boys all climbed into the car Chase tackling Marshall for the front seat. "Seriously Chase" Ryder said. "What I called it he didn't listen" Chase said. Ryder rolled his eyes as he pulled out of the driveway in there Kia Sorento. 

They arrived at school and Ryder gave the boys their class schedules and locker numbers and she went into his office. Chase and Marshall noticed they had lockers right next to each other and walked towards them. Chase and Marshall were just opening their lockers when they were met by the rest of their friends, Rocky, Rubble and Zuma. "Sick all our lockers are close by" Rubble said. They all examined their schedules and said "We all have the same classes to except Rocky who has ap math instead regular math" Marshall said. "AP math really Rocky? I mean normal math is hard enough" Chase said. "Maybe for you, but It is simple for me" Rocky said. "I call you as a Science partner" Chase said. Rocky laughed and said "I told the guys you would say that as they called me too, I said to be fair you need to rock paper scissors for it" Zuma and Rubble went first Rubble picked paper covering Zuma's rock. Marshall faced Rubble next and his scissors cut Marshall's paper. Rubble vs Chase and Rubble picked paper, Chase thinking he picked the other 2 went for scissors and cut his paper. "YES!!" Chase said as he did a happy dance. "Told you I get you" Chase said to Rocky. Everest walked up to them and said "What is going on?" "Chase gets me as a science partner and he is a little over thrilled about it" Rocky explained. Chase all of a sudden blushed and stared off into the distance literally zoning out. "Everyone this is Skye, she is a new student this year, Skye these are my friend, Rocky, Rubble, Zuma and Chase" Everest said. "Hi" Skye said staring back at Chase a little, Everyone said hi back and Marshall nudged Chase and said "Dude, I am pretty sure you are drooling a little" snapping Chase out of his trance. Chase punched Marshall and said. "Hi Skye" and he thought "WOW she is beautiful" The morning bell rang and classes had begun.

They all walked into their first class English and the teacher said "Before anyone gets comfortable, I am assigning seats, I am Mr. Jones." Chase was sitting behind Everest and across from Rocky and Sweetie was behind him. Marshall was in front of Skye with Rubble on his left and Tracker on his right. Zuma was all the way on the other side of the room sitting behind a girl named Zoe. Class started and Sweetie was so happy to be sitting behind Chase she was so close to the back of him she could smell his cologne. Chase turned around almost smacking her with his shoulder and said "Sweetie, please stop I can feel you breathing on me" Sweetie blushed and sunk lower into her chair feeling embarrassed she was caught. Everyone was super shocked that it was the first day and Mr. Jones had already given them homework, the only one who locked excited was Rocky. Their second class was math and everyone except Rocky went to it as he had AP math instead. They were thankful there was no seating chart in this class as Chase sat as far from Sweetie as he could. Just before the end of class the lunch hour announcements came on indicating that basketball tryouts were after school and anyone wanting to participate were to meet in the gym to sign up. There were also cheerleader tryouts at the same time and they were also asked to sign up. Chase practically flew to the gym as basketball was his favorite sport, Skye, Everest and Sweetie all signed up for cheerleading as well. Rocky, Zuma and Rubble were also trying out for basketball. 

Everyone met in the cafeteria and sat together, Rocky brought a girl with him "Guys this is Taylor, Taylor this is Chase, Skye, Zuma, Rubble, Marshall and Everest." "Hi Taylor, welcome to the girl club" Everest said clearing being outnumbered by boys. "Thanks, it is okay if I become part of your group then?" Taylor said sounding a bit skeptical. "Absolutely girl any friend of Rocky is a friend of ours" Zuma said. Taylor smiled as she sat down she couldn't take her eyes of Rocky. Skye and Everest noticed and  Everest said "You crushing girl" Taylor blushed and said "Maybe a little, I mean he is so cute and he sat beside me. I couldn't believe someone as cute has him was in AP math" "He is the smartest out of all of us, and good for you being in AP math as well" Everest said. "Thanks, I never had friends in middle school everyone made fun of me for being smart." Taylor said sadly. "Really that is so sad, we got you Taylor you are definitely BFF material" Skye said. Taylor smiled and said "Thanks that means a lot." Lunch finished and everyone went to their next class Science. The rest of the day went smoothly and they didn't receive anymore homework. The boys all made it to the gym to change for basketball as the girls met with the cheerleader coach to see the routine. Taylor and Marshall were the only ones not participating, they sat on the bleachers and watched. "Not trying out for cheerleading?" Marshall asked Taylor. "Me no I am not good at dancing and I really have no rhythm. You aren't playing basketball?" Taylor replied. "Nope I am literally the most uncoordinated person in the world. I can trip over air" Marshall said with a chuckle. 

The basketball coach said "I am giving you either a red of white jersey with a number, you will scrimmage if I call out your colour and number you are out. I will be picking my team today as practice begins tomorrow, Any questions?" "Basically we are going to know if we are cut right here and now?" Rubble said. "Yes so I suggest you play your hardest" Coach said. Chase was red 3, Zuma was white 4, Rocky was red 2, Rubble was white 1 and Tracker was red 1. The scrimmage began and everyone was playing has hard as they could, the coach started calling off random numbers until there was only 12 people left. "Alright boys bring it in" Coach said. All the boys came over and coach said "You 12 are my team, congrats you all played well. You Red 3 what is your name?" "Chase Chapman coach sir" Chase said. "Ah the principals son, he told me about you. Chase you son are my team captain." Coach said. Everyone clapped Chase on the back knowing her deserved it as he was literally the best player out there. "Hit the shower boys" Coach said dismissing them all. 

The cheerleading tryouts went well for the girls as well, the coach said "team is as follows, Skye team captain, Everest, Zoe, Alyssa, Sweetie, Kelly, Sara, Hailey, Brooke and Peyton. Everyone went home for the day as it was a long one and they were tired.

As soon as Chase walked in the door he was tackled by a 4 year old as he scooped her up. "CHASE! she screamed giggling as he tickled her. "Hey squirt" Chase said as he put her back on the ground. Cassie ran to Ryder and he picked her up as well "Daddy!" she said. "Hi princess how was your day?" Ryder said  "Good Daddy!" she said as he put her down too. Lastly she hugged Marshall and said "Marshy!" "Hey Cassie" he said hugging her back. Katie was warmed at the feeling knowing how much this little girl adored her brothers but most of all her actual brother Chase. Cassie was literally his shadow she always wanted to be near Chase, she absolutely adored him and he accepted it know she was still young and loved her back just as much. 

The evening ended with a quiet dinner and the boys doing their homework Katie was also proud that Chase made team captain for basketball. Everyone was asleep as a storm rolled in, lightning lit up the sky followed by a loud crack of thunder. Cassie was startled awake, she grabbed her german shepard stuffy and ran to her big brother's room. Cassie climbed into the bed and under the covers and snuggled in close to her big brother. Chase woke up and saw her and smiled feeling happy as he didn't know he was her comfort over their parents. Chase tucked her in and snuggled her close as he fell asleep.