♛|CHAPTER 12|♛

Russian Manor

Russian Manor

'Verina Antonov' was pacing up and down the manor. Being the wife of one of the powerful mafia dons she thought she had seen everything.

But just the thought of seeing her granddaughter bought jitters to her body.She had never felt such an strong emotion before. She was terrified of what the little one would feel about her.She agreed that her life was complicated. There were so many ups and downs. She lost the lives of her precious son and grandson.

But here she was standing awaiting the arrival of her granddaughter.

She thought to herself, "Life is so unpredictable". Just now she had lost her children but she also gained a granddaughter.

She was unable to understand whether it was a good thing or not.

Verina had no time to think about all this. Now the only thing of utmost importance was the safe return of her husband and sons along with her granddaughter.

She knew life didn't give many chances and she wasn't ready to give up on this one.She decided that she would try be a good grandmother.

'Lara Antonov' saw her mother-in-law walking up and down in front of the door.

She was surprised that a hole hadn't formed on the rug.But she could understand her mother-in-law's feeling to some extent.

She too had lost her son. Even though Axel was not her biological son, she still loved him unconditionally.

Now hearing that she had a niece, she was unable to understand how she felt about her.

Lara was afraid to give another person a place in her heart.The death of Axel was still lingering around her like a burning pyre.

Lara felt hopeless.

She waited patiently for her husband to return along with her father- in-law and brother-in-law.

'Igor Antonov' was trying to adjust all the thousand things moving around him.

He was yet to comprehend the fact that his звезда (star) was with him in his car.

He looked at his granddaughter who was tucked safely in his arms.

He could almost match all her features with that of his son.

Just within the 10 mins talk he had with her he understood that she was absolutely precious.

звезда (star)was what he called her, because she was like a star, which shone brightly even through the darkest of times.

He lovingly bought his hand around her cheek to caress her.

Igor could feel the tears lingering at the corners of his eyes just by looking at her.He refused to let them drop, after all he was one of the greatest mafia in the mafia history.But he couldn't help them. Looking at his звезда (star) he felt accomplished.

He felt as if there wasn't anything else he required.He held her tight.

'Demitri Antonov' was sitting in the car with his brother, Caesar.

He looked at his younger brother who seemed to be thinking about something deep.

He could understand him. He too was feeling the same rush of emotions.

The emotions he was feeling went deep through his heart.

There had never been a daughter in their family for many generations.But here she was standing like an angel.

'Caesar Antonov' was thinking of everything that had just occurred within the span of this torturous one hour.

They reached the German Mafia estate.

They declared war against the German Mafia.

They saw their niece.

They signed of an alliance between the German and Russian Mafia.

And now they were returning home along with their niece.

Caesar felt the eyes of someone and turned to look.

He found his brother looking at him.

He asked his brother" родной брат(brother), thinking about звезда (star)"

Demitri replied" I am actually wondering about ма(ma) and Lara." "And there is no idea how Ronan and Lev will react to seeing their little sister."

Caesar could understand as he too was searching for answers to this question. He too wasn't sure how they would react.But he knew that whatever would happen would be for a good reason.

'Verina Antonov' heard the gates of the manor opening.

She rushed to the door and saw her sons getting down from one of the cars.

She along with her daughter-in-law rushed towards them.

She saw Lara embracing her husband,so hugged Caesar and asked him," Everything went well right сын(son)?" "Wh-where is She? "

She looked around worriedly, searching for HER.

Verina saw her husband getting down from the car.

She rushed towards him. Before she could reach him, she saw someone partially hiding behind her husband.

She bent herself to get a closer and clearer look.

She gasped. Tears had immediately covered her eyes.

She spoke her next word like a silent whisper, "AUDREY"

Hello my dear, Chapter 12 is up.

Any comments??

Stay tuned for the further updates and DO NOT forget to add this book to your Library if you like it.😊

And Please Vote and Comment if you like this chapter!😊╰(*°▽°*)╯