♛|CHAPTER 2|♛

German Mafia, base-quarters

'Arnold Wolff' couldn't believe what he was hearing DEAD, his baby girl can't be dead. He still remembered the time that the nurse said that they had a GIRL. The first time he had seen his daughter open her eyes. It was truly magnificent. He felt as if nothing could destroy their peaceful life. Looking at her for the first time, he knew he would never allow anything wrong to happen to her. He swore he would destroy every evil thing that dared to harm his beloved daughter. It was a promise he made to himself.

But now hearing Clarissa saying that his daughter was dead was something he couldn't bear. He heard his son repeating "it can't be possible" again and again. He looked at Clarissa, his eyes begging her to deny whatever she said. To take it all back.

But by looking at her eyes, he got his answer. He knew she wasn't lying.

'Gunther Wolff' couldn't accept it. He just couldn't. How could he?

"How did she die? Didn't she marry that Russian? They were both excellent fighters in the mafia. So how could they die? " screamed Gunther at Clarissa

"Car Accident. All of the 4 were in a car accident. They died on spot."

All three of them stood in silence. It was as if the world had blurred in front of their eyes. There were unshod tears brimming in the surfaces of their eyes.

Then Arnold asked the question that was bothering not only him but also Gunther.

"Then why didn't you come back to us? Tell us about what happened? You were the most trusted women in our Mafia. Why betray our trust?" asked Arnold

Silence was all that could be heard.

'Clarissa Regal' heard the question but could but couldn't bring herself to answer it. She just stared at them. She knew that she had fulfilled her responsibility and now it was time to do the right thing. The thing that would keep HER safe, because HER safety was the top most priority.

She then replied "I did my responsibility. My family swore the oath to protect the WOLFF family. And I did just that. Fulfilled my responsibility"

"How did you, when u are the one to go behind our backs. Without our permission take our daughter to that Russian "asked Arnold looking at Clarissa distrustfully.

Clarissa then told them

'Andrea Wolff' knew she was dying

'Andrea Wolff' knew she was dying .The doctor had confirmed that. She had been battling with Adenocarcinoma ( It is a form of lung cancer) for the past 3 years. She stood up and fought against it, only for her husband and children. But know the doctor confirmed the worst of her fears. The cure wasn't working anymore.

She knew she had to tell her family. She knew her husband would be broken hearing this. But it had to be done.

She called her most trusted friend and maid Clarissa.

'Clarissa' entered the room and looked at Andrea. Tears filled her eyes by looking at her friend. She looked so pale and dull, as if all the light had been taken away from her.

"I am dying Clarissa. This cancer is killing all of me. The medicines aren't working. I know. I know, I am not giving up hope yet. But I want you to promise, Promise me that if anything happens to me you will take care of my children, treat them like your own. Lina is still too little. Please Clarissa look out for her. Look out for my babies. Take care of her just like a mother would do. Don't let either of my children feel my absence. Fill it with your love for them. Please Clarissa, this is my only request to you" said Andrea

Clarissa could hear what she was saying. She didn't want to agree because she didn't want to take the place of Andrea but hearing her friend' plea. A plea to support her family from the upcoming havoc. She couldn't decline.

"I will Andrea trust me. I will love Gunther and Lina as my own and take care of them. I PROMISE" replied Clarissa

At that day and movement Clarissa swore that she will do all that she can for the children. She promised herself that she will fulfill the promise that she made to Andrea.

 She promised herself that she will fulfill the promise that she made to Andrea

Arnold 'eyes were filled with tears hearing this. He missed his wife dearly. She was his best friend and supporter. She took stand for him whenever he needed her. But she was dead, and that was the truth.

Gunther then spoke" But this doesn't tell why didn't you return back home."

Clarissa knew this was the time. The time to tell them about HER. But she also knew that she would have to speak slowly so that their mind would grasp that concept.

So she said "Like I said, I was fulfilling my duty towards the German Mafia. Fulfilling my promise to protect the Wolff family.

Upon hearing this Arnold caught up to the indication and asked" She is alive isn't she? Tell me?"

Gunther immediately raised his head and stared at Clarissa demanding her to tell the truth.

"Yes she is." Said Clarissa

Gunther immediately stood up to his feet and together screamed all the questions" She is alive? Where is my sister? How is she?"

"Not your sister but your niece. " said Clarissa.

Stay tuned for the further updates and DO NOT forget to add this book to your Library if you like it

Stay tuned for the further updates and DO NOT forget to add this book to your Library if you like it.😊

And Please Vote and Comment if you like this chapter!😊╰(*°▽°*)╯