Chapter 55: Modern Day Life Lesson Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

End of flashback-

"Why did you have to leave us behind..." They said, all couldn't help but started crying. Iwasaki sighed again and turned back. "I was stupid." She said simply, and they all looked up at her, their faces lined with teartracks. "A week ago, I wanted to beat her, whatever it takes. But it dawned on me that it isn't what I wanted. Now, I want to break her." Iwasaki said. "The plan, the plan, the plan, we made one previously, but I made some alterations. If it works, which it most likely will, that whole place will help me break her, even without me doing it. And after that, I will be gone. School is not where I should be anymore." Iwasaki said. The three were all looking at her with shocked expressions now.

"S-So your date next door is here to complete the alteration you made in the plan?" The girl calming down the quickliest asked, and Iwasaki smiled. "Quick on the uptake, great." She nodded. There was another small silence, and another girl spoke. "Iris-chan, what made you change your mind so suddenly?" She asked, and Iwasaki flattened her hands dismissively. "Nothing much really, a previously made decision in the family, me feeling bored already, and a call from Yuu-kun." She said, trying to sound casual, but the small trembling of her hands was showing otherwise.

"H-Hihara Yuuto contacted you!?!?" They all exclaimed, their eyes widening. There was another loud noise from the neighboring room, but they all ignored it. "Yeah, he did." Iwasaki said, sitting down on her bed and picking up her phone. "What... did he say?" They all asked, and at last, Iwasaki seemed that she could no longer contain the feelings fighting to break free. "He said he needs me...!!!" She whispered, her hands clutching the phone tightened the grip on their own, her knuckles turning white.

"He wants me to be by his side...!!! If he says so, and the family wants me out the school, what's the point staying??? I'll be gone by next week, back to Yuu-kun, where I truly belong!!!" She said, a faint red appearing on her cheeks and her breathing becoming faster. The three all looked at her in disbelief. "Wow... that's really... really... but are you sure this is the correct de--"
"He says he needs me!!! That's all I care about!!!" Iwasaki shouted, cutting her off. The three closed their mouths at once, not wanting to annoy her.

Iwasaki took a deep breath and looked back up at them. "So, with that being said, are you coming along?" She said, waiting for their answer. "W-What?!?!" They exclaimed again, and Iwasaki rolled her eyes. "What? You think I'm just gonna go without you? You are all irreplaceable people to me!" She said. Something in her voice sound a bit off and rather odd, but hearing those words, nothing could penetrate the happiness the three girls were feeling now.

"Iris-chan!!!" They all shouted, flinging their arms around her. Smiling, she let them throw themselves at her and fell backwards on the bed. "There, there," She said, patting them around the shoulders. As they sobbed into her arms and chest, she looked up at the ceiling, thinking about her next few steps in the future. "Yuu-kun..." She whispered, a wide and wild smile spreading across her face, half-casted in shadow under the setting sun.

When the sun rose again, the happy morning of Saturday arrived. Around nine, the residents in Subaru and the girls' apartment were waking up one after another and getting ready for breakfast. Rem, of course, was up way before that and prepared the food. Ten minutes after the hour hand on the clock pointed at nine, Rem walked out the kitchen with two trays in her hand, and at the same time, Emilia walked out their room. "Ohayougozaimasu, Emilia-sama." Rem, putting down the trays, bowed at Emilia, who was yawning behind her hand.

"Ohayou, Rem." She greeted back, rubbing her eyes. "Ohh, Lia, you are up quite early today. You're usually one of the last to come out." Puck said as he materialized on Emilia's shoulder. "Ahaha, to be honest, I don't think I had a deep sleep last night. I think I got a bit too excited about our clothes shopping today." She replied, and Puck chuckled. "Is there anything I can help with, Rem?" Emilia asked as she walked in the kitchen.