Chapter One Hundred & Nine: On The Edge: Part Two

Start from the beginning

She glared back at me and opened her mouth to say something but Nick grabbed her arm.

He glared at her and shook her head, telling her to keep her mouth shut.

She gave him a disbelieving look before rolling her eyes and nodding. 

"Luna's right. And he deserves to be up there with us at the award ceremony tomorrow" Chase said.

"Couldn't agree with you more. And that's why he's gonna be. Say hello to the newest member of the bionic team" Adam said.

He then pulls out a cardboard cutout of Leo.

The others looked at him weirdly while I sighed and shook my head with a small smile.

"What is that?" Nick asked.

"Uh, it's a life-size cardboard cutout of Leo, hence the name Cardboard Leo. Pay attention, Nick. This stuff isn't that hard" Adam said, as if he were talking to a child.

Nick glared at him and tried walking towards him but Bree grabbed his arm and pulled him to her side.

"I think what my boyfriend means is, are you crazy?" Bree asked.

"Yeah, babe, we can't bring that to the ceremony" Alexis said.

"Sure we can, bring him and leave you, win win" I smirked.

The others snorted while Alexis glared at me, but I just smirked more and shrugged at her.

"Of course we can, and if things get boring, I'm gonna fold him into an airplane and fly him around" Adam grinned.

He put his arm out in the air, still holding the cardboard cutout and started playing plane with it.

"Whee!" Adam yelled.

We all looked at each other and sighed, shaking our heads.

In The Common Area

Me, the trio, Nick and Alexis were walking with dad as he was explaining everything for tomorrow.

Maybe now will be a good time to tell him what I've been meaning to tell him.

"So 9:00 a.m. tomorrow, we'll take the hydraloop to the mainland, and we will travel to the President's award ceremony in my self-driving limo" Dad smiled.

The others smiled and nodded while Adam gasped.

"I call shotgun!" Adam yelled.

We all turned and gave him weird looks.

Alexis sighed and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Adam, babe, it's a limo. Everyone rides in the back" Alexis said and the others nodded.

"You sit where you want. I will still be holding the shotgun" Adam said.

None of us were in the mood to argue with him so we just sighed and nodded.

" Once the president is dazzled, I will undoubtedly be showered with a big, fat contract and piles of cash, which I just might share with you six" Dad grinned.

"Really?" Bree asked.

"No" Dad scoffed, chuckling at the end.

I rolled my eyes as Chase wrapped an arm around my shoulder and gave dad an annoyed look.

"Wait, wait, wait. So even though it's our award ceremony, now it's become all about you?" Chase asked in annoyance.

"You know, for the smartest man in the world, it really took you a long time to figure that out" Dad scoffed.