Chapter Eight: Rats On A Train

Luna's Pov

Me, the trio and Leo were in the lab with Dad

Dad was going to set the trio's capsules to different weather conditions. It's going to be cool.

I was sitting on Chase's lap while we waited for dad to finish.

"Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out" Dad explained and we looked at him weirdly.

"Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on "Antarctic." If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign" Dad said.

"Bring it" Chase said.

"Be careful" I warned him.

"Always" Chase said with a smile.

I got off his lap as he gave me a quick kiss on the lips and ran into his capsule.

Dad typed a few things and soon his tube was powered up and set to Antarctic .

"Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather" Leo said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath" Bree said.

"I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day" Adam defended.

"If you don't brush your teeth I'm going to hit you with my favorite frying pan" I warned him and he nodded.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not" Dad explained.

"I can handle extreme cold" Leo protested.

"Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum" Dad said.

"And you got brain freeze yesterday from eating one spoon of ice-cream" I said and he glared at both of us.

Dad's phone went off and he picked it up.

"Davenport. What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome" Dad said as he walked away from us and we followed him.

"But that's terrible! I- I gotta do something" Dad said and we once again followed him.

He soon hung up and put his phone away.

"What's going on? What's so terrible?" Adam asked in concern.

"I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville" Dad explained.

"Well, then what was awesome?" I asked.

"It's going like 400 miles an hour" Dad said.

"Ho ho ho ho" Leo said, "that's really cool" I said and we all nodded.