Jealousy (Cardinal Copia)

Papa nihil stood with his arms crossed before the altar, he had called you into the monastery one evening and you had a feeling you knew why. 

  "I see you have gotten along well with the child that he is." he sneered. 

   "Papa, with all due respect, the cardinal has a humorous side that I quite like." you defended. 

   "The monastery is not the cardinal's playground y/n, and you are certainly not his toy. I should not have allowed sister to bring you here in the first place." 

    "May I remind you that it was I that let myself in, sister nearly defended me into staying here. I had nowhere else to go and I sure as hell will not go back to that place from whence, I came. " 

    Papa didn't know what to do with this situation, he wanted to separate you from the cardinal so there would be no disruptions anymore but in doing so he would deal with sister and the cardinal would become even more of an annoyance with his grief over you. 

    While the two of you spoke in the monastery Cardinal couldn't help but overhear the conversation you both had about him. He listened carefully from the corner of the entrance.  

"What am I to do with you?" he sighed. Pressing his old, wrinkled fingers to his forehead. Almost tipping over his hat which you always had to catch. 

   "If we are such a distraction then I will leave with him, I know we would be better off suited in the world of men than we are here. " you said. "But I know how much you need Cardinal here, who else would perform our greatest rituals? I don't know that the clergy would favor a woman in his place. You certainly won't take it. Perhaps you should choose your next words wisely." you hissed. 

   From the corner of your eye, you spotted Cardinal watching from the corner, he quickly hid like a child hiding from its parents. You almost smiled. 

    "Think on it." was all that you said before dismissing yourself from the monastery. It was not good manners to do so without the consent of papa or one of the sisters, but you could care less. 

    You found cardinal hiding behind his tricycle. "I am not here." he said in a low voice. you chuckled a bit and held out a hand for him to take. He reached out a gloved hand and took it. 

  "Papa doesn't like it does he?" said Cardinal. 

   "I'm afraid he is only jealous." you replied. Cardinal looked down sadly. You could tell he was concerned with this. 

   "Look at me." you said lifting his chin with your finger. He looked up at you since you were a bit taller than he was. "You have nothing to worry about love, I can handle papa. You just continue being yourself, and no not let the clergy's jealousy take hold of you. Alright?" your words were calming towards cardinal. 

  "Come here." you said. Pulling him in for a hug. 

  "I love you y/n." 

  "And you give good hugs." he added. 

  you chuckled. "Always."