First Meeting (Cardinal Copia)

You had heard the news of Papa III's death not too long ago, the word of his death still unreal to you. 

    "We will be back on the road soon my dear, be prepared." said one of the sisters. 

     You sat there in despair, it was unreal that Papa Emeritus III was dead. "I didn't even get to tell him." you muttered. sister understood how you felt but now wasn't the time to mourn, you were going back on the road with the band and there was no time to spare. "I understand how you feel dear, come now we must prepare to leave." 

   She was about to leave the room when you grabbed her by the wrist. "Now Y/N, you know not to..." she started. "I loved him sister! He will never know the truth." 

    "Y/N, release me please." she ordered. You reluctantly let her go. She adjusted her coat and left the room without another word. you buried your face into your hands with a sigh, silently crying to yourself over Papa's death. It was the third time that this generation had lost another singer. The first two papa's were great singers but vial and cruel at most. 

    Only Papa III was the most kind towards you, and there was no one else like him. 

    "Why did you have to die Papa? my infernal majesty, my...." you cried. 

    This time someone heard you crying and came into the room. Placing a hand on your shoulder after sitting next to you on the bed. 

     "My dear child, whatever is the matter?" the voice had a strange accent which sounded similar to Papa's but a bit lighter. you looked up thinking it was Papa but it was not. A strange man dressed in the robes of a cardinal. 

     "Who are you?" you asked. sniffling and wiping away your tears with the back of your hand. "What are you doing in my room?" 

      "I heard you crying. tell me, what caused this?" he asked. wiping away your tears with his thumb which was covered by the black leather gloves he wore on his hands. 

    "It's nothing, none of your concern." you were about to get up and walk away when he told you to stay. The look in the strange mans eyes told you he was listening and truly wanted to know what was wrong. you had just met this man and yet somehow you trusted him. You told him about Papa III and about how he meant something to you, and you never got to tell him that you loved him. The man seemed to understand your pain, and was deeply sorry about what had happened. 

   There was silence between the two of you for a moment until he decided to break it. 

"Oh, I didn't answer your question from before. Forgive me, I am Copia. Cardinal Copia." he introduced himself. 

   "Y/N, L/N." you said. Cardinal seemed to be spellbound by the sound of your name. It was so beautiful to him. "the pleasure is mine my dear." he took your hand and kissed it like a gentleman. making you blush. You talked to him for a while which made you feel better. You felt very comfortable in his presence for some reason you could not explain. All was well until sister came back to see you were talking to the cardinal. 

   "Y/N! you need to be getting ready. Speak later, get ready now!" 

    "Yes sister." you replied. As soon as she left, Cardinal got up "Well I better get ready too, and learn those songs." he chuckled. You raised an eyebrow in confusion, but then realized something. 

   "Wait? are you?" you started. 

  "I am my dear, I will be replacing Papa as the vocalist for Ghost. I do know most of the songs but I uh... still need a bit more time." 

   You were a bit nervous about how Cardinal would perform all of papa's songs, but you had faith in him that he would do well. 

   "I wish you luck Cardinal Copia, I'm sure you will do this band proud." you said. Smiling a bit. He noticed how beautiful you looked when you smiled like that. 

   Without another word he left the room. leaving you thinking about him for some odd reason.