Chapter 6: Never Again

The little bit I had of my smeared makeup ran all over my face. This time I could see the red liquid as I bled through my cut eyebrow, as my fingers were once again covered in my blood.  This time there was no apology from Matt, everything he felt and thought had been said clearly.  His fingerprints were still burning my forearm as I could see red marks he left behind of his tight grasp. I could barely stand up, my body was aching from hitting the wall behind me so hard. Once I had regained my strength, I made my way to the bathroom carefully washing the injured area, as well as wiping away my smeared makeup. I waited a couple of minutes and took a quick shower, with my loofah trying wash away so hard the sensation of his hands on me. Right after I then changed into a comfortable sweatshirt, sweatpants and just laid there in my bed, with uncontrollable tears that still drained out of my eyes. I couldn’t fathom to think of the horrible things he had sworn to do if I saw Zayn again. Not a minute later I felt as my body went numb and I passed out.

The next morning I woke up lightheaded and confused. As I woke up at the sore pain my body I remembered everything again. I didn’t feel like showing my face in school or at work. How was I going to explain this cut this time, another clumsy fall? I felt out of energy, disappointed, mistreated, and all I wanted to do is be left alone to myself until I could face Matt again.  His threatening words still lingering in my mind replaying vivid images raged eyes. All I could think of was in Zayn and nothing else. I wanted him to be safe, I didn’t want him involve in anything and sure as hell didn’t want nothing bad to happen to him.

Zayn’s POV:

I walked into Algebra class and noticed Emily’s empty seat. I was kind of hoping that maybe she would come walking in to the room a few minutes later for a second time. But to my surprise she never did, could had she overslept? I had to ask myself as my pen nervously beated on the desk to an anxious pattern. After Algebra class, I was looking forward to see her take her seat in Chemistry but she was also a no show. My only two classes with her were not only a complete bore but torture. Because I couldn’t concentrate on the subject as many thoughts ran through my mind.

What if that low life of a boyfriend she had has done something to her because she was going to end their relationship? Not being able to communicate with her or knowing where she could be was frustrating me. I skipped football practice as I went in my search to look for Emily. I no longer cared if I had to confront her boyfriend; he needed to be confronted anyhow. I turned on my bike as I rushed to her apartment first. I knocked repeatedly screaming her name out loud but no one answered. After 15 minutes of waiting outside I decided to ride over to her job. Maybe she had to work a double shift, and that’s why she couldn’t go to school.

When I got there I asked for her but she wasn’t there either. They had informed that she had called in saying that she couldn’t make it that she had something personal going on at the moment. Personal? Oh I knew how personal this was getting. I rolled up my sleeves as I turned on my bike again looking everywhere for her but everywhere I went she wasn’t there like she had vanished from the world. I finally made it back to her house as I sat in front of the stairs of her apartment. I decided to wait in the front of her steps, even if darkness fell on me. All of the sudden I see a slim petite figure of a woman walking towards me at first I didn’t notice who she was. Her hair had been tucked inside the hoodie of her sweatshirt, and wearing oversized sunglasses. The woman stopped at the sight of me in the stairs.

“Emily!” I said out loud as I ran up to her getting closer to her to hug her. I wrapped my arms around her holding her tight saying “Oh thank God you’re all right. I have been so worried about you. Where have you been babe?” I asked her as I kept holding unto her. But she didn’t answer I just heard her sobbed quietly, when I held her a little tighter more around her arms, I saw her flinch back as she stepped away from my hold.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as she just nodded her head from side to side like a like little kid that had just gotten into trouble but was denying something as she cleaned the tears that started to run down her cheek. Meanwhile I felt an instant fear run through my whole body as I revealed the pain she was hiding behind her dark oversized sunglasses. I brought my hands up to the side of her face as I took hold of her sunglasses and removed them slowly.

They revealed her bright blue eyes in the midst of the red that surrounded it from the excess of crying, smeared tears from her face she tried to clean up, plump lips that quivered, and above all the painful cut in the arch of her eyebrow. “What the..” as I stopped in amazement. “Em?” I whispered. “Will you hold me?” she asked as turned her gaze to stare down at the ground. “Hold you, Im never letting you go” I reassured her as I held her in towards me while with my other hand I pulled her hoodie down running my fingers through her hair. I kissed her multiple times on her forehead as I told her “Your staying with me tonight, Im not leaving you alone.”I tried to stay calm but the anger inside of me rushed like a river, just like the tears that wanted to come out of my eyes as I saw her cry. I knew immediately that he had put his hands on her one more time. We immediately rode back to my place, where she would be safe.   

MAKE SURE TO CAST YOUR VOTE COMMENT AND FAN EACH STORY!!! THANK YOU :) ENJOY!!