Chapter 5: Hit the Lights

The weekend had pass right by so quickly, and by Monday we had found ourselves already back in school. It was so difficult to keep myself from making any sorts of touch, moves, or looks towards Zayn and I know he was feeling frustrated too. The talk we have had on Friday night had made our bond stronger. It opened up the side of me I have been so afraid to show anyone, and that I tried to hide from him since the start. I couldn’t wait for those last minutes of class to be over, as soon as the bell rang I immediately glanced at Zayn deeply in the eye as he followed my footsteps just a few steps behind just so no one else would notice.

I immediately walked down the same corridor I had run from the first time and around the corner of the school building down the stairs to my secret place. In less than a couple of minutes Zayn had done the same meeting me there. He immediately held me in his arms as he whispered closed to my ear “God I’ve missed you. Knowing I can’t call or text you to know how you have been has been slowly tearing me apart”.

Zayn and I hadn’t exchanged phone numbers through all of this because I had asked him not to. Being that if Matt ever went through my phone like he would do, I didn’t want Zayn’s name involved in any of this. I hugged him as I looked up toward to his face his beautiful light brown eyes glimmering through.  His arm was wrapped round my waist; I nibbled softly on his lower lip. I saw how he gave me a little chuckled as he smiled grinning through his teeth “Em, babe you know we are still in school grounds right?”  I could feel him pulling me at my waist as it got closer to him and our body temperature rose a little higher than the usual. My hands at the back of his neck while the edge of my finger nails caressed the back of his hair “So?”. 

I watched almost in awe as his long eyelashes started to flutter up and down quickly on his cheeks, drawing in a deep breath before letting a quick wink and a smile “There goes you’re feisty side! Huh?” I laughed as his pink plump lips met mine. His hands grabbing me tight by my waist pressing me in as tight as possible at him. We made out for a few minutes taking everything in, as we heard the first warning bell before we would be late to Chemistry class. A class that the both of us had already experience in less than a few seconds together just now. He gave me one last peck before going to class first. I didn’t mind being late I was already been held accountable once for Algebra class, another one for Chemistry wouldn’t bother me.

At Chemistry we both sat in the same table like the last time. I felt Zayn’s warm touch making its way slowly up my thigh as his fingers just tickled up and down making me blurt out a laugh or two while class was still in session. No one noticed but I could see him chuckle as he bit his lower lip with his teeth blushing at my reaction with his other hand bringing it up close to his mouth trying to hide his expression behind it. I quickly removed his hand off with mine giving him a stern look while mouthing “Stop” as I giggled again and shook my head from side to side. Concentrating on the subject in front of us was already a hard task for me to do with how boring it gets but now it was even harder when I was being distracted by Zayn’s flirtatious moves. 

By the end of the day we both met up at our secret spot where we were previously, in our little hidden corner down the stairs to say goodbye. “Are you sure you don’t me to drive you home Em?” he asked me as he looked into my eyes while holding unto me. I laid my head unto his chest I could hear his heart beat as it grew faster when I told him “No, because I don’t know if he is waiting for me already”.  As my eyes closed shut thinking of difficult it was this moment for the both of us.

He tightened his arms around me as his hands fiddled with the ends of my hair. He sounded worried when he said “Are you sure of what you’re doing?”. I have no idea what was going to happen when I finally tell Matt that we are over, but I was willing to. I have had enough of his constant abuse, and feeling useless. My hands made a handful fist as it grabbed hold of Zayn’s varsity jacket looking up at him and saying “I don’t know but I have to” I kissed his chin lightly.  A few minutes later we said goodbye his pink plum lips meeting mine as he wished me luck.

Just as guessed as soon as I came from school and to my apartment, I could tell Matt had just arrived. His jacket had been placed at the top of my couch along with his backpack. I placed my things down to the side and my keys in my pocket before heading upstairs.  When I reached my room Matt had been standing there looking out my window sill.  “It was about time you came home! Don’t you think?” he demanded. “I have to talk to you Matt; can we just  ... sit down … maybe?” I ignored his tone of voice as I asked him politely.  “You know you really got some nerve in you Emily. You don’t think I was going to find out about you and who’s that fucker from your school!” he shouted as I could see his rage coming over.

His eyes went from green to dark brown, as he immediately walked towards me his footsteps growing louder.  I tried to run towards the stairs but it was too late he had taken me by my right forearm in his large hand.  I felt as his grip was tightening leaving red fingerprints. “You are hurting me.. please.. stop!” I begged with every word. As I tried to let go of his strong hold, while with my other hand my small fingers trying to fight his large ones trying to remove them from my aching forearm. My body was trembling at the pain as it was shooting up my arm all the way to my neck. “Please stop!!” I kept begging, but it was like he couldn’t hear anything I would say. Instead he lifted his left hand as he striked the side of my right cheek leaving a red trail of his long fingers across my pale face.  I started to cry as I couldn’t help but to yell at him back “ Leave me alone I hate you,can we just be over.” as he let go of my forearm and I fell backwards the side of my head hitting stairs railing cutting my eyebrow.

“Yeah well hate me all you want but we aren’t over and say one word to that deadbeat about this and he will pay the price, he will be dead in two seconds. I swear to God Emily if hear about you hanging out with him again you will be dead too” Matt shouted back in my face whose was so close to me I could hear his angry words bouncing from the walls.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VOTE COMMENT AND FAN EACH STORY!! :) xxx THANK YOU!!