Chapter 3: Live Like We Want To

Now I won't lie to you, I got a bit tipsy, well maybe drunk is a better word for it, with Sasha and Sierra back at the dorm. I was a nervous wreck. I couldn't stop thinking about Danny and I sure as hell couldn't stop thinking about Leighton. The way his black eyes stared at me through thick black lashes. The angular shape of them incased in a thick black layer of eyeliner. I shiver every time I think of them watching me. 

The drunkenness was, I guess, one part nervousness and one part a distraction from the fact of what I was wearing. I had agreed to let Sierra dress me for the night, partly because I felt bad I had ruined their concert experience and the other part for the fact that I would put myself in jeans and a black hoodie. With such an intense experience last concert I would have opted for something that covered my body head to toe to avoid stares. But Sierra would hear none of it. She had told me that "if you really want to move on with your life you gotta dress like you own your own life." To which I just sighed in response to. 

That's how I ended up here in tight leather shorts over fishnets, a matching leather tube top and a soft velvet duster over my shoulders. Of course the outfit wasn't complete without platform thigh high boots and a spiked chocker. I wouldn't naturally pair these items myself, I felt more naked then ever with what I thought was so much exposed skin in the October air. Once my friends had fed me a couple coolers and half a dozen shots, the outfit was the last thing I was thinking of. At that point I was just trying to walk properly as the world slowly spun around me. 

We walked up to the venue arms linked and swinging, Sierra humming the bands newest single Black Sheep. I was giggling and humming along too. The breeze went right through the fishnet holes in my tights but for once in a really, really long time, I felt free. I was tipsy and in my own bubble of nervous excitement. The crowd, the venue, my friends. Tonight I have declared a new beginning. The alcohol had given me the confidence boost that I had been lacking for so long. 

I wonder what Leighton would say if he saw me like this? Not that I particularly care or anything, I'm just thinking hypothetically about what he might say if he saw me like this. 

"You got the tickets, right?" Sasha asked Sierra as we strolled up to the side gate. 

"Of course I do! I wouldn't miss this for the world!" 

I straightened my duster as we stopped at the gate. 

"Tickets please, ladies," the security guard was a big bulky man with Harley Davidson  motorcycle tattoos covering his arms. 

Sierra held out the tickets for the scanner. 

Beep *Error Code* 

Beep *Error Code* 

Beep *Error Code* 

The security man looked up at us, we looked right back at him. 

"Maybe give it one more try," Sasha said, "sometimes the barcodes don't scan properly." 

She looked at Sierra and then me nervously. 

Beep *Error Code* 

Beep *Error Code* 

Beep *Error Code* 

"Sorry ladies, looks like these aren't valid tickets. This is a sold out show and I have venue capacity limits to follow, I'm going to have to send you on your way." 

"Wait, wait hold on no! This isn't possible, I spent a lot on these tickets to get my hands on them! Isn't there anything you can do? Please just this once?" Sasha begged and pleaded but the security guard didn't even twitch.