Chapter 16: No Love in LA-- Part 2

"Sit down here Autumn, I'll grab some more tissue. Just hold this here for now so it doesn't drip all over the floor." 

Levi pressed down on my shoulder prompting me to sit on the seat of the toilet while he reached over the sink and grabbed some tissue from the one-person luxury bathroom. I tried to look around my surroundings and not focus on the red seeping through the first layer of tissues that Levi had given to me on my way to the bathroom, but tears clung to the edge of my vision. I blinked as the marbled walls came into focus. Levi crouched in front of me, taking my hand delicately and peeling off the bloodied tissue. I continued to look forward, completely numb. 

Levi opened the first aid kit and brought out a small bottle of antiseptic, uncurling my fingers to reveal a linear cut across my right palm. 

"This might hurt a little," he said, unscrewing the lid and pouring the liquid as accurate as he could over the wound. I winced for a second but returned to my numbed state, seeing Leighton flirting with other girls a million times over in my head. "Autumn? Autumn are you okay?" 

I looked down at Levi and was met with his large brown eyes. Leighton had brown eyes. The cutest brown eyes that sparkled when he laughed and grew a deep black when he was fraught with desire. 

I couldn't hold back the tears at the edge of my vision anymore. I didn't dare to stop the single streak that slid down my cheek, silently plopping on Levi's hand as he bandaged the cut delicately. 

"I'm sorry Autumn. You know he doesn't mean it right? Please just give him a chance." 

I looked away as more tears threatened to fall. "You don't understand Levi, " I managed to choke out. "Fine, I get it. It's his job to be the front man, to be Mr. Personality who gets all the girls fawning over him. Whatever Levi, yeah I get it. But you were right you know. I don't know him yet, and if he thinks I'll stick around while he treats me like any other girl he works with without giving me a reason to stay, then what's the point. Everyone requires patience. I haven't told him my story either, but Levi we hung out for a month, A MONTH, and I know more about you and Frankie then he has ever cared to share." 

Levi was still as he listened to me, crouching and taking in my words as he balanced in front of me. "I told you he just needs some time-" 

"Time Levi? Time? How long should I wait? I've already been in this sort of relationship." I looked down at my bandaged hand, Levi had done a perfect job in securing the bandages, my hand still stinging from the antiseptic. "I can't do it again." 

Levi reached forward and grabbed my hands, wrapping his soft fingers around mine. I dared not look up at him in fear that the tears would fall again. I was thankful I was in here with Levi, not Frankie and definitely not Leighton. 

"Please, I can tell he really likes you. I know that might not make a difference to you and what your heart wants but if you like him even a fraction of what he feels for you, give him another chance. You can't lose him here, not like this." 

I tipped my head up to meet Levi's brown eyes, his full mouth tilted downwards in a soft, pleading frown. I felt his sadness, his own loneliness, his love for Frankie and Leighton. I felt his soul. 

I lightly squeezed his hands, being careful not to hurt my right hand any further. You know a lot of things go through your head in moments like this. I thought that if I lose Leighton I lose Levi too, and Frankie. Two people who had made me smile and laugh like brothers I never had but always dreamed of. I thought of ways to keep Levi to myself as a friend without having to see Leighton again. I thought about making up with Leighton, swallowing my pride and tackling the situation head on. How would he react? What if I was only met with rejection?