Chapter 14: Who Leighton is

My eyes fluttered open as my body awoke to a comfortable warmth enveloping my body. The red hues of the LED lights were surprisingly calming, pulling me out of my sleepy state. Being extremely careful not to move around as much as I could, I looked down at my stomach to see Leighton's hand still wrapped around my body. I could still feel his shallow breathes against my neck, his body pressed against mine under the covers. We had fallen asleep beside each other last night and had not moved a muscle, content in the others presence. Content in the warm feeling of the other beside us. I yawned and stretched out my legs, causing Leighton to move his hand from underneath my stomach and tuck it to his side. His breathing hadn't changed though, he was still asleep. 

I slowly turned my body over to face him and blinked as my eyes adjusted to his face in the dim red lights. He was sleeping so peacefully, his face in a cute relaxed state as one side smooshed itself into a pillow. I looked at him and felt my heart flutter. I looked at his dark eye lashes, pressed against his sleepy lids. I looked at the curve of his mouth, pressed together in a half-moon shape. I looked at the way his pale skin glowed in the hue of red, creating what looked like the perfect smooth surface to lay my hand on. It took everything in my body not to lay my hand on his face though, I wouldn't dare wake him up when he looked so peaceful. I also looked at his messy hair, free of all spikes and wiped of most of the hair gel, lying in a disarray across his pillow. I wanted to run my hand through the hair that was free of hair gel but I stopped myself again. Leighton was resting for the tour. He would need the sleep more then anyone and I couldn't live with myself if he didn't get it because of me. I yawned again and swallowed, noting how dry my throat was. I knew there was bottles of water in the lounge area and I was dying to get some cool water into my system. My body was on fire from the heat emulating off of Leighton's body. It was probably because of his stupid jeans. 

Trying not to disturb Leighton as much as humanly possible, I slowly pulled the covers off of me and tucked them beside him. Painfully slowly, I scooted my butt towards the base of the bunk bed, pulled open the curtain just enough to squeeze my body through, and shimmied out onto the floor. I pulled the curtains closed again and sighed a breathe of relief that I had succeeded in not waking him up. I pulled my arms out to my side giving myself a much needed stretch out from that nap. The beds were absolutely comfier then I had thought but my back still felt stiff from not moving from Leighton's chest all night. 

I peeked around the corner towards the lounge area, making note of the position of the water bottles but also seeing the glow of the television on above one of the couches, showing a horde of zombies descending upon a small town. I looked up at the bunk beds and saw that the top one was empty. Levi must be up. 

Slowly, making sure not to disturb a sleeping Frankie either, I tip toed past the bunk beds and entered the lounge area. Levi was lounging on the left couch with a controller in his hand, mashing the buttons to keep the zombie hordes at bay. He was in a black Kill Klub merch shirt with a pair of lounge pants. He looked up for just a moment, giving me a warm smile as I grabbed a plastic water bottle from the bag. 

"Morning," he said in cheerful voice, whipping out his AK-47 in the game to mow down a line of the undead. 

"Morning," I responded sitting on the couch opposite him and enjoying the cold water hitting the back of my throat. 

"Did you sleep well," Levi asked. 

I nodded in response. "The beds were..." 

Levi and I spoke at the same time "...surprisingly, more comfortable then I thought." 

"Yeah," Levi smiled again. "Welcome to tour life. By the way don't feel like you have to whisper out here. Leighton and Frankie are usually pretty heavy sleepers, it's actually quite hard to wake them up on purely just noise alone. They truly can sleep for hours."