Chapter 27: Security Measures

After Leighton had calmed me down and forced me to drink some water to fully wake up and register what had happened in the dream, the four of us met in the lounge area of the tourbus. 

My head was still spinning from the nightmare, my hands clenching and unclenching trying to get a grip on reality. Leighton had his hand protectively on my leg, just above the knee, giving it  protective squeeze every couple of minutes. 

The morning had not been pretty. My screams had woken up Leighton, Frankie and Levi. I was hysterical. I was screaming at Leighton, something like "stay back or I'll shoot you" as he tried to get control of me. Levi had realized what was happening and also tried to help but that only made me more upset. Tears leaving trails, burning their way down my face. 

"All of us, we need to talk. Right now." Levi's face was serious. As serious as I had ever seen him. His face downcast and concerned. Even Frankie, the usual joker of the group, sat quietly in the red hue of the tourbus. We would be leaving the location soon to continue our travels down to Atlanta, Georgia for the next show. We needed a game plan and we needed one fast. 

"Guys this is serious. I understand why no one here wants to stop the tour. Believe me. I get it. This is my life too guys. There isn't anywhere else I would want to be more than on stage with both of you. You guys are my family, but that's what makes this so serious. I can't lose you guys. Not on the road. Not like this." 

Frankie let out a sigh. 

Levi looked towards me, a frown pulling down his handsome features. "What happened Autumn, what did you see in your dream?" 

Leighton squeezed my thigh protectively. "She doesn't have to tell y-" 

"It's okay Leighton," I responded quietly. 

He looked down towards me, searching my eyes for discomfort. I gave him a small smile and let out a shaky breathe. 

"I had a dream. I heard Ashleigh whispering to me. And then Leighton was there and he was um, well we were kissing." 

"Damn, wish I was there," Leighton said, trying to make light of the situation. 

Levi shot him a look that said shut the fuck up and Leighton pushed back his hair, trying to brush it off. 

I swallowed. "Only it wasn't Leighton. I thought it was him but it was Danny. And it felt so real. I thought it was really him. I had a gun in my hands and I shot him. Sierra was there too." 

"I fucking knew it. I don't trust her," Levi said shaking his head. "It's too coincidental. Her showing up when Frankie almost dies." 

"Listen, i don't like her all the time either but she's Autumn's best friend. I think there should be some respect in that. I think Sierra is strong-willed and dangerous, but not in the sense that she's capable of killing anyone." I looked at Frankie gratefully. 

Sierra was undoubtably my best friend. She had been through everything with me. My mom's death, my dad's alcoholism, Danny. She had seen me on my worst days and I could say the same about her. That type of friendship doesn't just descend into jealousy. Sasha was different. I didn't know Sasha like I knew Sierra. I felt a horrendous pang of guilt that I hadn't stopped her from leaving last night. That I didn't follow her and apologize profusely for not backing her up when Levi had accused her of trying to kill us. It had been such a horrible, long night and I told myself that I would fix things between us as soon as this meeting was over. 

"You're just backing her up because you think she's hot," Levi shot Frankie a skeptical look.

"Me?" Frankie replied incredulously, dramatically placing a hand on his chest. "I've sworn off both girls and drugs for the rest of this tour. Maybe I think she's just a good person."