7.10 - Crystal Cave

Ophelia picked up the letter immediately after processing everything in the letter, and gripped it firmly in her hand. Her head felt empty and rampant at the same time, a vile feeling she'd never quite felt before. 

She knew she had to stop Regulus, but she had no sane idea how. Without taking a second of hesitation, she placed the letter in her skirt pockets. She raced down the long, elegant staircase and stole a handful of the Floo Powder from the bowl atop the bannister. 

"Twelve Grimmauld Place!" Ophelia said as she hurled the powder into her fireplace. She dove into the green flames of the magical, burning furnace and was transported into a dark, eerie building that sent a shiver down her back just because of its inherently creepy aura. 

The house seemed to be empty, but after a second of inspecting the living room, a small figure appeared in the doorframe from the hallway. 

"Kreacher!" Ophelia said urgently, walking towards him.

"Miss Ophelia." He returned the greeting. "What brings you here at such a late hour?"

He was acting innocent, but Ophelia knew the house elf knew something about what was going on. 

"Where is he?" She demanded. 

"I am afraid I do not understand, Miss Ophelia."

"Don't play dumb with me, Kreacher." 

The girl would never lay a finger on anyone as an act of abuse, but she held her finger in between the two of them to display her anger. "Tell me where Regulus is right now, or I swear to Merlin—"

"You only missed Master Regulus by a few minutes but I am under his instruction not to say anything to you."

"Kreacher! Please, I beg of you." Ophelia pleaded. "I need to know where he went. I need to stop him. He's going to kill himself. Please, let me stop this!"

The girl dropped to her knees, level with Kreacher as she sobbed desperately. 

"Please." She choked out. "I have to help him."

"You seem to be aware of all the risks." Kreacher told her. 

Kreacher was about to add on to what he was saying, but Ophelia cut him off before he could do so. "I am. Please, just tell me where he is. I need him." 

Her voice was now overtaken with sobs and pleads, and her face overtaken with tears streaming down her cheeks, coating her skin in a salty, emotional brine. 

"If it is your desperate wish, I will disobey Master Regulus and bring you to the cave." Kreacher gave in to Ophelia's begging. 

Ophelia sighed and rose back up to her normal height. 

"Thank you, thank you so much, Kreacher." She said, relieved but still panicked. 

"You must take my hand quickly if you wish to be there for him." He added, holding out his hand for the girl to take. 

Quickly, she took the house elf's petite, calloused hand and gripped tightly. "Please, just take me to Regulus."

The elf sighed a strained, troubled sigh and apparated himself and Ophelia into the mouth of a dark cavern. Ophelia felt slightly faint, almost losing her balance, but she held herself up and composed herself after a second or two.