Seeing my expressions, he said, "I'll not get bored here sitting around, let me come and help you."

My heart made a somersault and I tried to bring it back before it could explode-and mouthed an okay.

He walked behind my tiny figure and wowed as he entered the kitchen. I gawked at his actions closely as his eyes roam at the big kitchen counter and sat on one of the chairs near the kitchen island.

I was practically a chef without an official degree, as I wanted everything to be perfectly made with all the specific kitchen tools.

"This-is-dream," he said and failed to hide his amused expression. "You like cooking?" I asked, seeing his piquing interest.

"Do you think Jo knows how to cook?" He scoffed jokingly, to which I smiled.

"You are close to her. Aren't you?" I said and took out the packets of varieties of popcorn.

"We really are. And I see you are with Vian," he pointed at the various photo frames which included Vian and my photographs. All of them portrayed his expressionless face, while my joker one brought out the worst in me. Sadly.

"Butter, caramel, cheese, salt? Which one?" I asked, and before he could answer, I opened all of them and grinned.

I was acting like a complete idiot, but in nervousness, I tend to insult myself so that the other person takes it as a joke and not an insult practically.

"Speaking of Vian-" I cut him off as I knew what he wanted to ask.

"Don't worry, Xavier, Vian is not bad as he seems. He has gone through a lot lately and just so you know Jo is safe with him," I said.

"You know that they are on a date?" He asked, acting surprised.

"Of course. Look I can't tell you exactly because it is not my place to tell but just understand that he never wanted to become what he is now. He... had a traumatic household. Do you think anyone would want to live like a dead person?" I said while sending the popcorn in the microwave to start popping.

Seeing his confused expressions, I continued, "Let's say he had some family issues, but something happened 3 years ago which his mind and soul couldn't accept and turned him into this. He had no will to live, he just wanted to end his life then and there, but it was not in his control."

"Whatever is written in someone's life will happen even if we try to escape from it, whatever is written... will happen. Instead of analyzing the situation, he took the blame on himself for everything and hated only one person in his life."

"Himself."

"He took each and every person's blame to himself while he was already suffering from depression and panic attacks. His mind triggers on its own whenever someone talks about his family, and he experiences and kind of re-lives each and every emotion again."

"Every dark emotion, he has to feel all that again because his mind takes him back to that time zone when all that happened in real. He forgot to laugh around people, he forgot to take interest in anything until he met her. Yes, he likes Jo, and you have to swear that you'll never tell this to anyone." I took one deep breath to calm my senses.

God! Why did I talk that much!? He was silent after my 250 words around rant until he decided to speak.

"I feel bad for him," Xavier said lowly and pouted like he had made a mistake, and he is regretting it.

"Maybe, it's time to focus on... us? Than caring just for them? Because...they have each other now..."

"Look, I want to tell you something too, a part of me came here- like my reason to come here was not just only to watch a movie together, but I wanted to know about him too. I am telling you this because I can't lie, and I never will."

"Ouch- but I am happy for some reason," I said and laughed sarcastically.

"But, now I don't want to focus on Vian because I think I need to trust him, I guess. So... Let's watch a movie, shall we?" He said, and my heart fluttered.

Then I realized it was the ting from the microwave. We sat on the couch at a distance, a popcorn bucket in between us with various other snacks that he brought.

We were watching a scary movie, and I was trying to act normal and not show my cowardly side while he was laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked genuinely.

"Look! Haha! Just look at him, Case!!" He laughed when the ghost came out of nowhere which scared me to death when I threw the bucket of popcorn in midair scattering the pieces everywhere to which he laughed hysterically.

I laughed at my clumsiness as well, and he ruffled my hair. "You're so cute, Case!"

My moment! My moment! Our moment! I exclaimed internally until I remembered that it was getting darker outside.

"Xavier?" I chimed.

"Yes, Case," he said. Wait! He gave me a nickname, and I realized when he said this for the third time?

"Uhuh? Hmm, Xav, excuse me for a moment, let me make a quick call to Vian and ask him about his meds," I chirped to which he asked me to ask about Jo as well.

"Hello~," I said and heard a shaky voice of Jo. Her voice was trembling and after talking to her, I asked her to bring Vian back until the call got disconnected.

"They are not kids, Xav. Let them be," I said to him and stopped him from rushing outside to even he didn't know where.

I had told him about what happened, but he took it more patiently and politely than I expected. I thought he would lash out, but all he did was sit silently and wait for them to arrive home by themselves.

After some time, the bell rang multiple times and Xav sprinted as fast as he could to open the door. He brought Vian's semi-conscious form inside, following me to Vian's room.

After a while, I heard a knock on the door and I knew who it was. "You can come in."

─•❉᯽❉•─

Thoughts?

Want to know what happened after?
I double updated! Go check out the next chapter, hehe. 🦋