CHAPTER 16: I'M YOURS

But I won't hesitate

No more, no more

It cannot wait

I'm yours

JASON MRAZ

It is already the third day of the camp, and y/n still couldn't look at keiji in the eyes

It is already the third day of the camp, and y/n still couldn't look at keiji in the eyes. Not after she knows that he likes her too, however her stupid self made it awkward between them. She really lose the chance to confess him romantically. And she blames herself for that.

"Y/n! stop being distracted and do your duties properly" coach yamiji scolds after seeing y/n keep looking into space.

"I'm sorry coach" keiji keeps his eyes on y/n, wondering what was the thing that made y/n not being her usual self.

~~~

After the practice matches for the day ended, y/n decides to take a walk on the hill where the boys would do their penalties to watch the sunset. The sunset always calms her mind.

After telling koutaro that she wants to be by herself, she goes to the hill alone.

While taking in the beautiful scenery, she senses someone is approaching her. She hopes it is not the person she think is, but at the same time she hopes it is him, is that even make sense?

"Did I do something that made you uncomfortable?" keiji asks as soon he takes a sit beside y/n. His baritone voice brings shivers down to y/n's spine.

"Huh?? W-what do you mean?" she curses herself for stuttering.

"I feel like you've been avoiding me after that night we went to buy your stuffs. Did I said or do something that made you don't want to look at me?" Blunt as usual. That's one of all the traits that y/n admires about keiji, never sugarcoats anything.

"No. Not at all, it's just me" y/n gives keiji a sad smile.

"As far as i know, you did nothing wrong"

"No, i mean, i've screwed the opportunity, ughhh how do i say this? What will you do if you accidently confessed to you crush, and your crush reciprocates you feelings, but you being oblivious didn't get the message and screwed it?" y/n messes with her hair, showing how much this matter frustrated her.

"Do you mean that time when you said the 'moon is beautiful tonight' and i answered 'i could die happily'?" Y/n became as red as tomato, feeling embarrassed and cursing on how keiji could say all of this with a stoic face.

"Yes" her voice comes out lower than usual. Keiji chuckles seeing her reactions,

"Then, when you realized the meaning of my answer and you thought that you messed things up and it's too late?"