18

"Um...um...I- um," the Princess began to open and close her mouth as she stared at the Dark Queen.

The brunette raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips. All this did was bring Emma's attention back to the Queen's body that's just covered in a deep navy blue dress, accented with silver jewelry and black feathers.

"Well Miss Swan."

"I-I wouldn't say it's a habit. More like something that's happened twice in one day," she answered as she rubbed the back of her neck. She had a feeling her fair skin was turning a deep red from being so close to the older woman mixed with making a fool of herself.

The royal noticed the blush on the maid's cheeks and did a slight smirk in response. "Twice in one day, you say. Maybe you might be the problem Miss. Swan."

"Hey! The first time was not my fault!" Emma pouted and crossed her arms. The pouch from the shopping swinging with the arm movement, adding an extra flair to her theatrics.

The queen tried not to laugh at the blonde's pouting face, "and the second?"

"Wrong place at the wrong time?"she answered with a shaky smile on her face as she slowly looked at the Queen's slightly amused face.

The intimidating woman took an extra step or two into Emma's personal space causing the Princess' breath to pick up momentum. However, the young royal refused to back down which shocked (and pleased) the brunette, but she wouldn't let it show.

The Queen's hand reached out to tuck a blonde curl that escaped Emma's braid behind her ear, "I wouldn't say it was all wrong, would you?"

The blonde swore her heart skipped a beat as she started stuttering again, "um...I-um...um."

Before the girl could let out a response, the brunette let out a light chuckle before disappearing in a cloud of purple smoke.

Emma stood there longer than she'd care to admit before she recomposes herself and headed in the direction of the library to meet up with Henry.

She closed the library door lightly behind her before she made her way to the podium. She gently placed her hand on it and waiting patiently for the greying hologram (soul) to appear.

"Ahhh, couldn't handle defeat so you'd come for another round I see?" Henry joked with a twinkle in his brown eyes.

"You'd like that wouldn't you old man," Emma joked back, a smirk on her face a playful, challenging glare. "No, I'm actually here for your opinion on something."

The hologram raised an eyebrow that reminded her of a Queen that she just spiked to not even 20 minutes ago. "What can an old man like myself help you with if it's not book related."

Emma reached into a pocket on her inner cloak. "It kinda is a book in a way. Just not the one you specialize in."

She place the journal on the podium, so he can see it even though he couldn't touch it.

"It's very beautiful, dear. But how does this relate to you needing my help?" He asked looking up from the intricate book.

Henry noticed Emma's cheeks get flushed, "Well, it's a gift....for the queen. And um, I figured that you were probably here for a decent part of her ruling and would know her pretty well."

Henry's eyes had a far off look and filled with so much love and sadness that Emma felt a pang of guilt and confusion for making him feel this way.

She wanted to tell him sorry and take the book and leave, but at the same time she didn't want to interrupt this moment he was having.

It took a couple more seconds for Henry to snap out of his thoughts, "I think it's a lovely gift for the queen. You took a lot of care picking this out, huh dear."

The young Princess didn't know what to say since based on his tone it was more of a statement than a question. And it was true. So all she did was nod as she ran her finger along the apple on the cover of the book.

Henry laughed lightly at the young girl's antics before reminding her that it's almost dinner time and she wouldn't want to be late for any responsibilities she has.

As Emma stumbled over her feet as she ran out the room, Henry looked down on the book she left behind and thought about how he doesn't want his little girl to let her anger miss out on the delight that is Swan.

His thoughts were interrupted by a shuffle of feet, and a sheepish Swan coming back for the book she left.

When she exited the library, Henry smiled and returned back into the podium and said "a delight indeed."