chapter 73 - our getaway

Start from the beginning

Harry was pointing out what this house had to offer. Every time he added something new, I couldn't believe we were actually staying here.

To build this house and design the inside must've cost a fortune. I sometimes wonder what life would be like when you've got so much money on your bank account, you can build a place like this without living in it yourself.

While being wholly blown away, Harry continued the tour. When Harry brought me outside to show me the jacuzzi, I was full of cheerfulness. I had never been in one, so I was eager to try this out. The look on my face told him enough.

"I can't believe you found this place." I said.

"It is ours for the next couple of days." he searched for my eyes before giving me a smug look.

I knew we were going to visit the towns located around us, but there would also be enough time spent between the four walls of this house by just the two of us.

Honestly, I didn't mind. We were here to have a good time and be alone.

Harry insisted on bringing our stuff inside our stay whilst I went through the basket the owner had left. In the basket, they had put a bottle of champagne and a few snacks. My face lit up at the small gesture.

There was a little note attached to the basket; Enjoy your time together.

When I put the note down, it dawned on me this was my first time going away with my boyfriend.

Everyone back home never stopped talking about the trips they went on with their partner. I never knew what that was like. Although I imagined it to be fun, I got to live through it after a long time and I knew I would forever remind myself of it.

"Our bags are upstairs." Harry entered the kitchen and changed the conversation when he saw what I was holding. "Is that wine?"

"It's champagne." I said. "The owner gifted it to us. There's even a little note, too."

Harry took the card from my hand. "That's so nice. This place is definitely getting a five-star rating." he took the bottle from my hand and began to unwrap the top. "Let's open this baby up."

In one of the cabinets, I found champagne flutes we could use. Harry filled them till the brim because we had to enjoy what we were given for free.

"Are you going to give a toast?" I asked him.

Harry eyed me. "Why do I always have to be the one to give a toast?"

"Because you are better at it than I am."

"Is that a weird way of complimenting me, Liz?"

"I'm glad you noticed." I replied with a smile.

After Harry gave me one of the glasses, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Let me give the little speech then because you think I'm such a great speaker." he said, being overly dramatic as usual, causing me to roll my eyes at him. "If you behave like that, you'll have to be the one to give a toast."

"No, no, that's your job. I don't want to step on your toes, Styles."

"Thank you." he answered cheekily and planted a haste kiss on my lips. Then he traded his playful behavior for a more serious one. "I want to say how happy I am to be here with you." he started. His words would forever make me feel everything. "The first time I saw you, I knew it wouldn't be the last. And I'm grateful it wasn't, because you make me the happiest, Liz. Like so happy, my heart pounds a hundredth times faster when you're in the room. Or when I only think about you. And I think about you a lot." Harry said, and I caught a nervous chuckle falling off his lips. It was the cutest. "Anyways, I'm lucky to have you here with me. To have you want to be with me, because I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. Basically, what I want to say is, is that I love you, Miller."