4

COLTON

I stare at Rina and Dorian, not really sure I heard them correctly. "A spy?" I question, furrowing my brows.

"Yeah, I found her hiding under a piece of fallen ceiling after the meeting last night." Dorian pinches his chin and looks at me, readying himself for my reaction.

I'm not sure what my reaction will be, to be honest. I already have so much to deal with regarding the police and Ron—who no one has located yet. My eyes shift from the man to the woman, silently asking my second what she has to say.

"She's tiny," Rina says, almost mockingly. "Probably starved. I don't know who sent her, but they're not feeding her. She wouldn't be good for anything but listening for intel."

I look between them. Rina looks pissed, yet somehow a little amused, while Dorian just looks straight up proud of himself for spotting the movements of this...spy. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around who'd send a girl on the verge of dying from starvation as a spy, but then again, it's a damn great way to get my suspicions off of her.

"Can I feed her?" Dorian asks, taking a small step forward. "I mean, that sounded like she's a stray dog or something..."

He chuckles as he trails off, waving the comment away with a hand movement I've only ever seen him use. I raise a brow and cross my arms and legs, fully leaning on my desk now.

"She didn't say anything about it?" My attention moves to Rina, before I even think to answer Dorian's stupid question.

"Dorian was the one who brought her in," she replies, shrugging. "I just saw them pass by, and then he came and told me about it."

"You're absolutely certain she's a spy? What's her name?" Dorian grimaces when I look at him again. Oh, Jesus fucking Christ. "You don't know her name," I state dryly, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"No, she wouldn't tell me anything. Just that she only found that place to have somewhere dry to sleep," he defends. "She's really sticking to the whole homeless-thing."

"Have you considered that she might actually just be homeless, at the wrong place, at the wrong time?" I groan and push off the desk, turning away from them both as I say, "Just find out her name. If she's no one we've heard of, then get rid of her."

"Yes, sir!" Dorian mocks a salute, before he chuckles and turns away, knowing he's dismissed for now. He stops just before he turns the doorknob, and then he asks, "If she's no one, you want her dead? Just to be clear."

"Yes," I tell him, with as much politeness I can gather. "If she's someone, then get whatever you can out of her before you kill her."

"Right." He raises a hand and scurries off, as if he hasn't been one of my closest people for years. It amuses me as much as it annoys me that he still needs clarification.

My gaze moves to Rina, and she's got an eyebrow raised, so I raise one in question in return.

"If she's not a spy, that girl's as good as dead already." The tone of her voice is strict, and I can smell a lecture about morality coming. "We should feed her and clothe her, and at least make sure she makes it through the winter."

"When did you grow a heart, Rina?" I send her a half-smile, and turn away. "I have enough to deal with as is, I don't need to open up a homeless shelter, too."

"Fine. I'll make sure Dorian finds out who she is, at least."

"And then you'll locate Ron." I turn enough to catch her nod, before she too turns to leave.

As soon as the door shuts, I allow myself one punch against the desk, and I crumple up a piece of blank paper and throw it at the closed door. Fucking shit. Even if the chances are slim that girl is actually a spy, I can't afford that at the moment.