𝟑𝟎 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑠

Last chapter:

Quinn cuts in from across the alley, "the trucks are less than ten minutes away from the spot."

I nod to my second, giving Ezra one last glare before strutting towards my new gang. As I give out orders and lead the Ghosts, I ignore his burning gaze on my back.

It takes a lot more restraint then I'd like to admit for me not to turn around and meet those blue eyes.

I scold myself for my lack of controll, and when I know longer feel the heat of his gaze on me anymore, I scold myself even more for aching for it again

Valerie Ace Monroe POV

Lowering into a crouch beside the corner of a brick building, hiding in the shadows, I watch and listen to the five moving trucks arrive and stop in the middle of of New Orleans.

It's a miracle how quick Barlows men lured some of the pedestrians into all going to a "concert" at one of the bars he owned, only a few civilians wondering around the midnight streets of Orleans.

The low hum of the trucks engines shut off, followed by dozens of foot steps, splashing puddles, and the clink of Micheals men opening up the back of the trucks. Shouts begin to sound out, yelling directions at the men, or shouts directly at the girls, causing the pedestrians to scatter and clear away from the scene.

My stomach clenches at the sight, out of anger and knowing what it's like to be in their situation. I dont have to ask to know the Ghosts as feeling just as angry as I am.

Quiet rustling fills the ear piece, followed by the sound of Allen's voice, "ok, now it's on. Ask if everyone can hear."

"Can everyone hear me?" Ella's sweet voice speaks though the ear piece in my right ear, I can't help my smile a little at it, "Here."

"Here." Quinn and Athena say at once from where their hidden together on the other building across from mine kept in the shadows.

"Matt, how many men have u counted?" Seth asks lowly though the ear piece.

"35 men, 3 gang leaders. No sign of Micheal." Matteo answers a second later, "snipers are ready when you are."

"There's explosive weapons in truck one and two. Do not shoot near neither of them, we do not need to blow up any more of Barlows things." Ezra says through the line, sending unwanted shivers all through me.

I shake them away and instead opt to say, "that's no fun."

His low chuckle comes through the line, bringing another small smile to my lips I didn't even know was there until I feel it fall off my face as three small female figures forced out of the truck, the men's knuckles white from griping their forearms with an unnecessary amount of strength.

"I'm going to cut off those arms," Ezras voice says roughly, enough anger laced in it I know he will uphold that promise.

We all watch as the the three girls are forced down to their knees, shaking and with enough dirt on their skin to tell me they've been in the trucks for a couple days. Three men standing behind the girls in a line raise their guns until the barrel pressed against the back of their skulls. My lip curls back, my body thrumming with unrestrained rage.

"On my word, Matteo, take them out." Ezra cuts in lowly, waiting a few seconds of listening to the men click off the safety before saying, "now."

Matteo doesn't waste a breath before piercing one bullet straight throw the side of all three mens' skull, all of us watching as the men drop dead to the floor, followed by the shouts of confusion by Micheals men. I don't have enough time to praise my impressment before standing up and palming my twin guns in both hands and taking my shot at the men standing around my side of the building.