𝟏𝟔 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠

Sexual content in this chapter ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Valerie Ace Monroe

While surrounded by the trees and chirping birds, the aftereffect of drinking a whole bottle of tequila slowly began to go away. I flick my wrist foward, sending one, then two knives flying forward at the tree.

Ezra and I talked until three in the morning last night, drinking and eating the cookies by the fireplace until the bottle ran out. We shared stories about ourselves that I can tell none of us had told anyone, like my nightmares of Ghost Hill and what training was like. Oddly enough as I told him those bottled-up stories I realized how naturally it came out which resulted in me freaking out and retreating to my bedroom.

I throw another dagger into the oak, sending tiny splinters into the air. My 'Queen bad bitch' playlist always gets me in the mood, especially with Queen blasting through my earbuds.

I'm so far in my zone, throwing daggers through the air, that I don't sense another person's presents until a hand wraps around my forearm.

Instinctively, I roughly grip the large wrist, spinning the body around, and forcefully pin their back against the tree holding my dagger up against their throat.

"Good Morning to you too, Ace" he rasps, winking down at me.

I groan, releasing my hold on him, "if having a pounding headache is what you call a good morning then you got some serious issues."

His tan arms cross over his broad chest, "there's a lot of things that I think make a good morning, and most of them take place preferably in the bedroom."

I roll my eyes at him. I've learned while working with Ezra these past few months that not only can he be an annoying ass hat, but his god complex can be huge- which I think has something to do with his Leo sun.

"I'm surprised anyone can stand being in a room with you since your huge ego takes up most of the air." I snap back, throwing another knife straight into the trunk.

Ezra walks around behind me, his hand running across my back before making his way to lean against another tree, "nothing's as big as your god complex, sweetheart, and I think your email is proof." He chuckles.

I snort, picking back up the knives and putting them in the bag. He does have a point. Not only is my email 'ValerieAceQueenBadAss@gmail' but on my license picture, I posed with finger guns.

It was necessary.

"So what now?" I dust off my jeans, wrapping my earbud cord around my phone.

He grins down at me, "ever seen a waterfall before?"

------------------------------

The drive up to the trail was long but very much worth it.

The first few years when I escaped Ghost Hill, I didn't go anywhere except stay in a stolen car because I was so foreign to the outside world when alone.

We walked up the dirt path, the sun beaming down on us as we climbed up the rocks. The large forest providing some shade. I could hear almost every creature here- no sirens, no car horns. Just birds singing, leaves crunching, twigs snapping, and Ezra.

"Matteo, Seth, and I go up this trail when we visit, just to see the waterfall."

I look over at the hills, until I finally hear it. Loud, thundering sounds of water.

Ezra looks back over at me before moving a tree branch to the side, revealing the giant waterfall.

I instantly gasp, my lips parting. The giant rock-built waterfall sent icy blue-colored water down into a large freshwater pool. The water is so clear I can see everything below.