𝟐𝟔 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑛

Valerie Ace Monroe POV

Training with Matteo and the Ghosts went even more smoothly than I expected- though I can't say the same for Matteo's back after landing on it so many times from sparing with Quinn and Athena.

With Matteo's muscle and techniques, I can tell the Ghosts learned a few things. More than I could teach them, obviously since we all learned under the same leader.

After training the ladies took off to either shower or eat lunch, Quinn and Athena staying with me.

"I think my toe is now forever bruised." Quinn frowned, looking down at her toe even though it's not visible through the shoes she's wearing.

Athena rolled her eyes, "babe, I told you not to side kick when the man was obviously in the position to through a left hook."

The blonde looks at her girlfriend, narrowing her eyes, "is that supposed to make me feel any better?"

Athena smirks, "no, but I think I know something that can."

I watch as Quinns eyes grow wider and her cheeks turn the shade of tomatoes, Athena's smirk only grows, both having their own silent conversation.

Before I could clear my throat heels click on the ground to our left, followed by a familiar cheerful, "hey guys."

I smile at my best friend, "hey. Quinn, Athena, this is my best friend Allen, also the best tech. Allen this is Quinn and Athena, also my friends and the ones who helped me in Ghost Hill."

Allen turns her smile to them, "I can now see why Valerie had lots to say about you."

"All bad things I hope." Athena grins, crossing her arms over her chest.

Allen returns the midnight assassins smirk, "the absolute worst."

Quinn and I chuckle before Allen goes on, "thank you for taking care of our friend when she was down there and needed it, and for helping plan the escape." Allen's voice turns sincere and soft, earning nods and 'of course' from Athena and Quinn.

I turn over to Allen remembering she had a reason to come here, "was there something you needed to tell me?"

Allen clicks her tongue as if also now remembering she had something to say, "yes, Artorino set a meeting for five minutes from now."

I groan opening my mouth to object but Allen says, "he said it's important, Athena and Quinn should probably come to since they also know Leos son."

Both Ghosts nod their agreement, leaving me to also accept, "fine. But if he uses this time to make excuses you three better keep him still while I get a few punches in."

Quinn winks, "oh definitely."

------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into the meeting room I chuckle at the awe and surprise in Quinn and Athena's faces as they look all around the room, admiring the large oak table and gloss black chandelier. I should've warned them Artorino has impeccable and expensive taste.

I wave to Seth who gives me a soft smile and nod of the head to Quinn and Athena beside me.

The meeting doors open followed by a slight male groan from a slightly hunched over Matteo placing a hand on his lower back.

I snort, "how's the back?"

Matteo's lips stretch into a mocking grin, "nothing the worlds best sniper and general can't handle."

"Right, you could've fooled me with the whole granny walk you got going on."

The sniper flicks up his middle finger as he takes a seat.