𝟎𝟔 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔

Valerie Ace Monroe

All morning I was training with Matteo before napping and going to the compound library with Allen, by then it was already late afternoon and neither of us had seen Ezra or Seth all day.

Matteo just said they had business to take care of and was told not to elaborate any further, Artorino even ordered him "to lock you outside if you keep asking".

I lay in my bed, bored out of my mind when I hear a bang on the hallway wall.

Flinching to the loud sound, bolting to my door and cracking it slightly to see the commotion. I curse at myself for being curious when I see Allen and Matteo eating each other's faces against the wall and slip into her room, slamming the door behind themselves.

I shake my head and walk back to my bed. I'm not surprised Matteo likes her, she's hot. She has beautiful brown skin and nice curves, and an ass that I repeatedly tell her I'm jealous of.

Now that Matteo and Allen are occupied, Seth and Ezra are gone, I can have time for myself.

I strip on a tight red dress, curl my hair and throw on some makeup.

I quietly exit my bedroom and stalk downstairs, sneaking out the front door and walking to the garage.

I go to open the garage door when I notice you need a combination to open it.

I curse up a storm at the door and myself for not knowing the code when I look to my right, Ezras motorcycle parked there. Practically asking me to take it.

I drove for about 15minutes before finding Allen and I's favorite bar, Bens bar and grill. I park the bike and strut into the building, walking by sweaty bodies dancing or playing darts till I get to the wooden counter..

I sit in my usual stool and smile at Ben, the nice bartender that has been serving Allen and I drinks for two years. He always gives us advice and listens to our problems when we're here, he even goes as far as to question the men who are taking us home that night.

"Hey sweetheart, where's buttercup tonight" he smiles, drying off a glass with a rag.

"Having a playdate with someone" I tease, smiling back.

"he better be worth the playdate, or I'll have to talk to him"

I chuckle, holding up three fingers calling for my usual, Ben nods and walks off to get it.

He brings back three shot glasses and pours tequila into them.

I waste no time chugging them down, ordering three more.

Ben refills my glasses before asking, "so who's the guy"

I down my sixth shot before raising a brow, "why do you think it's a guy?"

The man chuckles, his gut jiggling with the action, "because you only drink like this if some guy has you worked up"

I roll my eyes, the warmth of the tequila already taking action, "we made a deal to be partners, but he's an ass and annoys every cell in my body" I explain, waving a hand in the air.

Ben nods, "is he tall, black hair, with gorgeous blue eyes?"

I look up at Ben with a raised brow at his accuracy but realize he's looking at something behind me.

I turn around to follow his gaze to find a very pissed off Ezra walking through the crowd of people coming straight for me.

I turn back around, letting out an annoyed groan, grabbing the whole tequila bottle.