𝟏𝟖 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠

Valerie Ace Monroe

My traitorous body shakes as I try to steady the gun in my trembling hands.

"What are you doing here" I lowly hiss, raising my chin defensively higher.

Leo's grin widens, giving me a full view of his few rotted teeth, "hasn't he told you? The deal he and I had?"

By my confused face, he chuckles, nodding over at Ezra, "why don't you tell her"

Ezra goes still, "leave now Leo, and we won't cause trouble."

Santerzo only laughs more at Ezra, like he's a pathetic child, "he has been contacting the gangs that visit my beloved Ghost Hill, having them meet him to pass me a message."

My mind is swarming with a dozen thoughts at once, everything was set up? The ambushes, our deal, the gangs?

"Valerie" Ezra finally spoke.

I back away from his outstretched hand, still aiming the gun in my sweaty palms.

"I didn't know who you were. All I was thinking about was getting my sister back who I thought was still alive. Being with you was never part of the plan-"

"Don't say another word" I mutter, seeing nothing but red in his line of view.

His eyes lower pleadingly, "Valerie-"

"I said don't say another word! And don't fucking say my name!" I scream, aiming my gun at him now.

He made the right choice by shutting his mouth.

I scoff, shaking my head at how foolish I was- I am at lowering my defenses. That I thought I could get away with caring about someone without suffering the consequences.

"you promised," I seeth, my voice breaking, "you promised. you said I'll never go back there, you said I was no one's property- but here you are. Trading me like cattle to these assholes. You've been one of them from the start!" I shake the fallen tears off my cheek, letting out a broken laugh at my stupidity, "do I even know you, the real you? Or have you been faking that from the beginning too!"

"I care about you-"

"Don't! Don't care about me, because you are nothing to me."

Something in my chest cracks at my words, and I can tell he felt the same thing as his jaw clenched hard.

His eyes harden, that mask now on as he turns to Leo, "our deal is off, you don't have Samantha, I will not let your take her"

Leo makes a tsk sound with his tongue, "our deal was never really a deal, Shadow King. You see, your sister has been dead since before our little game, and now that I've found out where you are after you stopped telling me, I have what I want" he smiles, looking back over at me.

Ezra's fist clench striding over towards Leo with an enraged contorted face, "you son of a bitch-"

Before he can lift his fist, one of Leo's men raises his gun, firing it.

Ezra falls to the ground, holding his thigh as blood leaks from his bullet wound.

I don't even flinch as I stare down at his still alive body, feeling nothing at all.

"Now Valerie, be a good girl and come over here" that devilish voice smiles.

"I don't take orders from you anymore" I snarl.

I hear Ezras groan beside me, trying but failing to stand back up.

"Get in the car Valerie and your training won't be too bad."