𝟏𝟎 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠

Valerie Ace Monroe

If I ever thought Artorino couldn't make me any more fucking mad, I was wrong.

During the rest of the tour Artorino kept getting more and more handsy with Lidia, and I one upped him everytime with some PDA of my own.

After showing us the entire Efron property, Eric led us into the dining room for dinner.

"I told the cooks to make my favorite, New York steak. I think you'll like it" Eric smiled, still hooking my arm around his, leading me to our spots at the table.

"How long have you worked with your father" Seth inquired as he sat into his chair.

"I joined when I was 19, so six years" Eric pondered, sipping his water.

The large oak doors swung open, revealing a very close Lidia and Artorino walking towards the table.

Lidia sat next to him at the head of the table, Eric at the other end, "glad you two decided to join us."

Artorino lifted his glass, "wouldn't want to miss free food".

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him. This competition between us, making each other jealous is infuriating, but yet- I won't stop until he does.

Seeing him run his hands along her jaw, with an arm over her shoulder makes my blood boil. It's enraging to see him touch her the way he did me- but it makes me even more mad that I care.

I shouldn't care- I can't care. But at the same time I want to rip her heart out for even smiling at him.

"Will your parents be joining us?" Allen questions, her voice cutting through my thoughts.

I let out a deep breath, sipping my water for my suddenly dry throat.

"My parents have business to attend to at our company" Eric told Allen as the cooks placed our food infront of us.

"What places has your father taken you to so far? I'm interested in visiting trading spots." I ask carefully, cutting my steak.

I notice Eric pause, looking up at his sister before saying, "I'm afraid I'm not allowed to say" he sighed.

I raised a brow, but kept my questions to myself before digging more of a hole.

"The steaks real good" Matteo said between bites, I almost want to hug him for clearing the tension in the room.

Eric instantly goes back to smiling, thanking Matteo and starting a conversation about their company.

I don't pay as close attention to what he's saying as I should since I'm too distracted by Lidia's hand on Artorinos shoulder.

I watch as she leans forward, grazing and biting his earlobe, her hand moving further down his chest until it disappears under the table.

I clear my throat, "I need some air" I mutter to Eric, the words coming out more quiet then I intended.

I place my napkin on the table, strutting out the room into the large hallway.

A few feet away from the others, I lean back against the wall, lifting up my chin and closing my eyes. Catching my breath.

I ignore the foot steps that echo down the hall as I try to collect myself, until I feel a presents in front of me.

That familiar delicious scent intoxicating my senses, I open my eyes to find those blue eyes looking at me.

I rolled my eyes, "god- can't you leave me alone" I spat, glaring at him.

I turn to move away from him, but he places both his arms beside my head, "stop acting like a child" he jeered, his low voice an intimidating calm.