BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 43

Start from the beginning

"Why are you so crazy? Ok then. We are also waiting Bi'ithnillaah" I hang up and scurried to Noor. I held her by both hands and when we both got on our feet,I made us go round and round with laughter.

"Why so happy?"

"Cattie is coming!" She looked at me with a scrunched up face.

"I mean he is coming for your hand...Bilal too" she gaped and was like.

"Bilal! You mean my dream brother in law? Oh My Robb! This is gonna be fun" she enthused.

"AbuNoor wants us to have a joint wedding"

"It was my idea. If you kids don't want it then don't hesitate to reject the idea ok" UmmAyesha voiced.

"I like it...it's Ok" I said.

"Me too...I love it!" Noor added. She smiled and allowed us to continue our gist.

-----

Hours turned into days and days turned into weeks. Two weeks gone and it's our Nikkah today! Noor being the superexcited one woke me up when I fell asleep after Fajr salaah. We both took bath and went out to greet Ummaa and Abu. They had been giving us advices here and there on how to be good girls after marriage and today was not an exception. Ummaa just regrets how we lived our whole lives without her being there and teaching us what to do in every step. But she was also glad that we didn't turn out to be vulnerable. Instead,according to her...we are the most independent girls she has ever seen! She was proud of who we became even without a biological Mother!

After series of dos and don'ts were said,we were allowed to go and have breakfast with BaaiJaan and his wee family. Ummaa and Abu will eat later as they said.

"My ladiessss!" BaaiJaan cooed upon seeing us. He moved from his seat and gave each of us a hug.

"You both are looking bright and shiny" he complimented.

"And you are glowing!" I added.

"Our sister in law is just perfect in keeping you all glowy all day!" Noor hugged Asiyah and took a seat beside her while I sat beside BaaiJaan.

"Noor,your nephew is sleeping" BaaiJaan suddenly announced. She's been oblivious of it since she came.

"My...my what?" She looked at me with saucer eyes!

"Our nephew" I confirmed... "Muhammad ibn Mahmud Jamal!"

"SubhaanAllah! What all had happened in my absense! I want to see him right away!" Overreactive!

"Asi,please lead her to Muhammad's cradle"

She came back with a woken Muhammad on her hands. She caressed his cheeks and started blinking hard.

"Just let the tears flow baby!" BaaiJaan said and we all laughed. "But hey,you both have just turned to ladies in a blink of an eye! Who'd believe you are getting married today? No,no...I won't let it happen...no one will leave me here! It's either you come and stay here with your husbands or take me to your matrimonial home!" BaaiJaan clearly stated his points in all seriousness.

"What do I do with him?" Noor rested her head on her palm.

"Take me with you...simple!"

"When you take him,you'll have to carry baby Muhammad and I too" Asiyah also dusted her shoulders.

-----

Our room was full with all types of people who all claim to be Noor's friends. Big sister Humayrah came for the big day too. Asiyah being the fashionist was responsible for decking us(the twin brides) up. We were made to look like dolls...I mean,Bilal will have a better reason to address me as doll,lol. And The Ever Pretty Cattie Noorie! Like W.O.W! I wished we weren't getting married on the same day...she looked way prettier!

"Just look how black defines beauty!" She held me by the shoulders!

"Quit the drama Sistur! I mean look at youuuu!" She looked out of this world.

"You can compliment each other later. AbuNoor wants you both to come to the living room" Asiyah informed us.

There,in front of the imam...we took our seats. Bilal and Zakir also sat together on the right. The parents on the left. Since Noor was the older twin...her marriage was to be done first.

Before heading to the masjid...there is a tradition of the imam asking both partners whether they consent for the marriage and if they do...then the marriage will be done. Zakir was asked of his consent and he said 'Yes!'

"Noor Jamal....do you accept Zakir Saeed as your husband?" The imam asked. Slowly but surely...Sistur Twin pronounced 'YES!' It was repeated thrice and she gave the same answer.

It was time for Bilal and I to give our consents.

.

.

.

Bilal was nowhere to be seen. Everyone was so engrossed in Noor and Zakir that we didn't realise Bilal leaving the room.

"Where is Bilal?" Everyone started asking. Noor looked at me and held my hand to assure me that everything would be fine. I was not in any way scared or nervous. Bilal might have just gone to the toilet or something...he is a man of his words!

I may not Love Bilal but I trust him!
Marriage does not necessarily depend on love. Bilal's attitude was enough for me and I can trust him with my life. Suddenly,my phone vibrated in my hand and I checked.

_a message from Bilal_

It read... _meet me at the address I am about to send_

"I'll be right back Sistur Twin" Noor said and ran to another room. I went out and checked the address that Bilal sent me. I boarded a car and asked the driver to take me to that address.

Upon reaching there,I alighted the car and saw Bilal leaning against a pillar.

"Bilal...what happened? Why did you suddenly disappear?" I rained questions on him.

"You see Doll....I"

"I...." he kept on stuttering for some minutes.

Towards us,I saw two women dressed in niqab and covered from head to toe. I didn't mind them since I thought they were just passers-by. I was wrong. When they came to where we stood, One of them grabbed my one shoulder and the other one rushed to grab the other.

"Hey...who are you? Let go of me! Bilal...make them leave me!" Surprisingly,Bilal stood just so comfortably like nothing was happening.

"Bilal" I softly whispered. For a moment,I forgot about the duo and I was just thinking of Bilal's sudden change in behaviour.

"Doll...Doll...Doll!" He laughed swiftly and glared at me! "So you thought I was a good man? You thought I loved you? I mean how dumb of you! You are the reason my father,Farouq is rotting in prison. You got your family and took mine away from me! You thought I would have simply married you and live with you happily ever after? L.O.L!
You must go through all the pain that I went through for living without the only father I had! Your family will feel the pain that My father went through! You Must Pay!" He laughed heartily again and signalled for the ladies to take me away.

"I am doing you a favor...I am not allowing non-mahrams to touch you. Be comfortable....................doll!" He uttered.

He looked at me!

Put both hands in his pockets!

A step after a step!

He showed his back on me!

At a three feet distance....

"Lalala...Once a Goon!

Always a Goon!"

He sang

And winked

And walked away!

My first experience of Betrayal!

-----

(✏TIMABELLE💛)