BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 13

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 13

Bismillaah

*MAHMUD*

I put the phone down and pulled my legs to myself to get a brief rest before heading home. I forgot to ask Ayesha which of her big sisters was getting married though...whether Asiyah or Humayrah. But I'll know when the day arrives inn shaa Allah.

I rushed out of my office and drove as fast as possible to give the news to Noor.

I reached home in less than thirty minutes and heard a long squeal coming from Dad's room. I went in without knocking the door and saw dad hugging Noor.

"What's happening here?" I asked

"I have been promoted Bayyaaa!" She almost broke my eardrum.

"Congrats Noorie" she hugged me too.
I wish my baby sis this type of happiness at all times!

"Medicine it is!" I said and she jumped. Her dream to be a doctor was at its peak.

As if she remembered something,she ran off and came back in seconds. I realised dad's presence and greeted him before getting into another convo with Noor.

"Look" she handed her results to me.

She got an A in maths as usual as well as further maths, a B in English. An A in biology and Chemistry. B in Physics and Technical drawing....in a nutshell,her result was all As and Bs!

"Maa shaa Allllaaaah!" I bellowed in awe. My baby sister was a true genius,no joke!

"Demand anything and it shall be in front you" I said the most wanted thing to her ears.

"I'll give you the list at night inn shaa Allah" she said and my heart almost jumped out...but what to do?!

"I have a good news for you dear...Ayesha's big sister is getting married on Saturday and we have been invited" her eyes dilated.

"Really? Enchantè is getting married?" She concluded on her own.

"Well,I don't know whether it's Asiyah or Humayrah"

"I believe it is Humayrah,at least she is older" that made sense.

"I will suggest you refrain from going there" Dad made his presence announced after we totally forgot.

"No way Dad!"  Noor shouted in excitement "I haven't been to weddings for ages now" with that,she rushed out without waiting for dad's reply. I made my way out too,I was gonna attend that wedding for sure,don't take it as disobedience though.

-----

I woke up at 3am to finish some of my unfinished office work. I had not been able to sleep properly so thought of making best use of the night.
I decided to make myself a cup of coffee. I walked out and passed Noor's room. The lights were on...that was nothing new,Noor cannot sleep in darkness. But I heard some noise coming from her room and that meant she was probably not asleep.
I peeped inside and saw her sitting in the middle of the bed reading something...more like writing and reading it out loud.

"....But no matter how hard it gets
I never lose the little amount of hope in me
That verily after this unbearable wait
You will surely be with me
And we will read this note together
And i will pull your ears
For making me go through so much

Right now
All i have with me
Is my pen
And my dua
For surely
With my prayers I believe
ALLAAH will definitely bring us together
To be with each other forever
And love and compassion being our guide
We shall never part ways
I love you with all my heart Umarr Talib
Yours,Noor Jamal!" She dropped her pen and held a contentful smile....as I dropped my heart and held a hurtful tear!