BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 2

BOLD AND SERENE

Bismillaah

EPISODE 2

AYESHA

Waleed met me alone in the room and requested for my help to solve the assignment given to him. Waleed is in 7th grade and I am in 11th grade. My classmates term me as 'too young' to be in their midst but what can they do about it? Girl is too smart to lagg

We were busy in solving mathematics questions when Humayrah and Asiyah came in-mannerly enough,without any salams.
As if they didn't talk on their way back,they bellowed all over and brought death to the silence that was once in the atmosphere.

"Can we please have silence!" I shouted a little to be audible amidst their roars. Asiyah rolled her eyes at me and wanted to talk but Humayrah was quick to stop her by holding her hand. They looked at each other and left them room.

"I like it when you act bellicose towards them" My grammarian!
"Waleed,don't use me to test your new words please"
"I mean I like it when you behave belligerent with them" It'd have been much better if he never explains. He uses a bigger word to explain the big one. At least we got our peace back and continued our work. We have plans different from ranting about guys!

***

I was cleaning the dishes when I heard the gate move. I ran inside quickly to get properly covered before non mahrams will barge in. I bumped onto Waleed as an aftermath of not watching my path.
"Sis?" He flickered his hands in front of me in a questioning manner.
"Please help me in washing the dishes as I get into my jilbaab and come" He nodded with a smile and went. That's Waleed for you,ever ready to thole when it comes to helping me.

I went inside the room and got welcomed by the busy likkle ladies. To be honest,they looked gorgeous in their new clothes. I drifted my attention to my veil and gently removed it from the cupboard door where it had been hanging. I rushed out to complete my paused chore.

I heard unfamiliar voices in the sitting room but ignored that and went to save Waleed. He was almost done with all the dishes and in less than five minutes,we were done packing everything. I looked so dirty in my clothes and all i wanted at that moment was to take a cool bath. Just then,I heard mum shout,
"Aayishaa". I quickly ran inside to get her what she needs before taking bath.

"Say Hi to your cousin,Ebrahim" Oh nooo,Can't my cousin say Hi to me,Ayesha? I said Salaamu alaikum to which he replied and he asked some irrelevant 'hawayus' and hawiscools' to which I muttered inaudible responses. He was done finally and I turned to walk out. I spotted my two crazy sisters on the chair, sitting like 'brides'. They looked funny!

---

"Yessssssss,yesssssss....yeassssss!" A loud squeal woke me from my sleep. I checked the old clock hanging on the wall which read 3:10am. Who shouts like this in the late hours of the night? Of course Asiyah!
"He likes me,he likes me" she kept on repeating the same thing as I covered my head with the blanket. I wonder when will their thinkings go beyond men! Almost immediately,the door cracked open and Humayrah came in.
"Shhhh Asiyah...you are celebrating for no reason"
"What do you mean" Asiyah asked without much concentration.
"I mean...Dad said he chose Aayisha,not Aasiyah!" With that I dropped the blanket and my eyes popped open. Who chose me?
Asiyah stumped out of the room with so much anger. She came back in some seconds and flipped her head through the door.
"I am sleeping in the sitting room" She informed Humayrah.

"What are you talking about Mayrah?" I asked
"Ebrahim wants to marry you" That sounded so funny to me.
"Ohh"I tittered and turned to go back to my peaceful sleep. Humayrah held my hand and added,
"Dad cannot reject him Aysh" She looked serious.
"I know how to handle him Mayrah,don't worry" I gave her a comforting smile and got back to bed.

***

I jumped from the bed by the first tik of the alarm clock and rushed to the bathroom. I took a long bath to wash the sleep off my eyes. Fajr adhaan was being called so I performed ablution at once.

I gently tapped Waleed who was sleeping on the mattress that was lying at the corner of the room. I moved to Humayrah,on the bed and woke her up after some pushes and pulls. Without any word,they knew why I woke them up. I'm sure Dad will wake Aasiyah to offer her fajr prayers.

I did not bother to go back to sleep. I got into my perfectly ironed uniform and waited for Waleed.
"Hurry up Waleed" I pulled his hands as we ran along the tarred road. We cannot afford to be late for school on Monday,I mean,assemblies and other important stuff take place in the early hours.

"Stand on your class queue" I whispered to Waleed and dashed to my class. A lot of blabbering was taking place which made it difficult to hear anything. Out of all the gibberish that the students were uttering,only one important thing reached my ears. The fact that the school is going to get a visitor. I never look forward to meet these rich visitors,i mean,they are all braggarts. I wonder how this new guy will be.

***

Learning ended after so many activities and the class prefect announced that the visitor was about to arrive. We all sat quietly and waited.
"Salaamu alaikum family." He waved at us with a broad smile. Well his appearance looks humble. He talked for a quality of time and trust me,all his ideas were perfect. He is a smart guy though and he showed so much humility and respect for us all. At least there is a rich guy that I like.
I carried a satisfactory smile on my face as my thought changed a little towards rich people. Classes have ended and we all headed out.
I walked out and noticed the new Sir walking beside me,not only that,he was also following my steps. I am not the type to smile to everyone but I found myself smiling at him.
He was still following my path which made me initiate a convo.
"Hey Sir?" I questioned by flipping my head on the sides.
"Is your name Serena?" He questioned.
"No,why?" I giggled.
"You act so serene" He throwed his hands in the air.
"Well Sir,I am Ayesha Haqqiy" I introduced myself.
"Nice to meet you Ayesha." He passed me a toothy grin. I was going to say 'nice to meet you too' when his phone beeped. I heard him mutter something like 'Moor' under his breath and rushed out. He turned to face me and waved a goodbye before dashing out of the school compound.

***

I was not able to talk to Dad yesterday concerning Ebrahim but we shall have a word today inn shaa Allaah. I made a mental note on what to say and what not to.
I reached home so tired and famished. I rushed to the kitchen in search of food. Alhamdulillaah there was a mouth watering mama-cooked groundnut soup.
"Waleed!" I called and made food for the two of us. Waleed and I do almost everything together,that's how close we are.
Hey you might be wondering whether Ayesha has no friends. Well dear,you might be right. The only friend I have is Waleed and he is family. I go to school everyday,come back home and bother myself not in mingling with people. I am not an introvert but i'd rather be with myself than mingle with kids of this generation who I titled as *Aimless*.

"Dad wants to talk to you Aysh" Waleed informed. I made an attempt to go.
"He said when you are done eating". I got back and ate my food before answering dad's call.

"Salaamu alaikum Dad" I greeted behind the door.
"Wa alaikumus salaam,come in dear." He called me in.

"How are you doing my girl?"
"Alhamdulillaah,"
"How are you coping with studies lately?"
"As usual Dad,your girl never goes down" I chuckled on that self praise.
"Uhmmm" he paused and looked at me,probably thinking of the best word to start with.
"You remember your cousin? Ebrahim?" Of course I do,I nodded.
"After seeing you all,he called me saying he would like to ask for your hand in marriage" I looked at him.
"Well,I told him you are going to school and we cannot force you into marriage" That brought a smile to my face.
"Thank you Papa,ask him to opt for my big sisters,I have other things on my mind." Dad was not totally Ok with what I said but he just nodded and allowed me out. I opened the door and bumped into Mum.
"You'd better accept because Ebrahim is bent on marrying you and you won't make us lose such a blessing!" This is the first time that mum spoke to me in this tone. I was surprised but I kept my cool,as always!

(✏TIMABELLE💛)
________
Please Vote
Comment
Share and
Kindly follow my account if you have not.

Will Ayesha agree to get married to Ebrahim?
How will she make her mum understand?
Share your thoughts in the comment section