BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 10

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 10

Bismillaah

*AYESHA*

My mind has been spinning around the things that Dad said regarding the so-called Mr Farouq and I cannot come to any sensible conclusion. I decided to let it go,for the truth shall come out eventually. I went to our room to attend to Waleed who's been severely sick these days. I had given him paracetamol to drink but nothing has changed. I believe it's about time we'd take him to the hospital.
I decided to go to Dad and inform him about it before the illness will skyrocket and we won't be able to do a thing about it.

I was about to knock the door when I heard mum and dad arguing over an issue. This was very rare and I wish it never happened.

"You should've just allowed me to tell them the truth" Dad said. I wonder which truth did he want to say.

"Look Yusuf,I cannot let you do that,I cannot afford to lose.....". I knocked the door to stop myself from eavesdropping.

"Salaamu alaikum Maa and Paa"

"Wa alaikumus salaam Ayesha,come in" Dad ushered me in.

"Paa,Waleed's sickness is getting serious by the second. We need to take him to the hospital" I spoke my mind.

"You are right dear,it's been on my mind since last week but the hospital bills..." he stopped and his face held a lot of worry.

"Don't worry,I've gotten enough money with me,to pay for the bills, from selling my accessories" Mum said and I smiled as Dad kept on saying Alhamdulillaah.

I walked to the room and woke Waleed up. I asked him to take a quick bath before we go to the hospital. He looked so weak and was not ready to do anything. Ya'Allaah,grant my baby brother a lot of shifaa.

-----

We walked to the hospital and saved the money that should have been used as fare for tomorrow's lunch. Humayrah was left preparing dinner at home and Asiyah has not closed her restau yet so only mum,Dad and I were taking Waleed to the hospital.

Upon reaching the hospital,Mr Idris,my Dad's old friend rushed us to the patient's ward and Waleed was given a room. According to Mr Idris,one look at Waleed was enough to show that he was suffering from a severe illness and he needed to be hospitalised. I felt nervous and scared at the same time.

We waited outside as the Doctor did a couple of tests on him. He later walked out and said Waleed was suffering from anaemia and was in need of blood.

I rushed to the doctor and volunteered to share mine. I believed my parents were somehow old and donating their blood might disturb them considering their health conditions.

"Ok Miss,follow me to the lab" Mr Idris ordered.

My blood sample was taken and I waited patiently. I looked at Waleed through the transparent glasses of his room and he was put on a drip. I kept on praying silently for his recovery

"Ayesha,go home. You have to go to school tomorrow" mum said when she realised that I started dozing off.

"No mum,I want to stay till Waleed wakes up" I insisted.

"Don't be stubborn. Your exams are starting next week and you need to make mum and dad proud,remember" I nodded and started going. I had a lot of reading to do.

I met with Humayrah at the gate of the hospital.

"Ayesha,how is our baby doing?" She asked looking so worried.