BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 31

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 31

Bismillaah

*NOOR*

I ran home with a triumphant smile glued on my face. I couldn't wait to tell Bayyaa how happy Zakir was about my love for Umarr. Zakir has passed the test that Bayyaa thought he would fail. It was all Bayyaa's plan for me to go to Zakir and tell him my love for Umarr and see how he would react. If he behaves all hurt and miserable then Bayyaa would be right but if he becomes so happy for me then I would be right. The result has shown that I won.

"Bayyaaaa!" I dashed into the house shouting his name. "Yuppieee!" I kept on dancing on my way to him.

"What's the fuss about?" He acted oblivious.

"You should know now...I won! Zakir is only my bestfriend and not what you take him to be" I took a drink and cooled down. By Allah if Bayyaa was proved right,I won't be able to imagine what would happen to me. Many people believe genuine friendship has disappeared but mine and Zakir's was a prove that friendship can be genuine even between two people of the opposite gender.

"For all you know,I don't trust you" he deadpanned.

"Huh,it's Ok Bayyaa,I am tired of proving things for you already" I shrugged.

He took his phone and made a call.

"Who are you calling?" I asked.

"My dude,Umarr" I sat beside him and gazed intently on the screen.

"Hello Salaamu alaikum Mahmuuud!" He cooed from the other side. With the sound of his voice,one could say he was so happy.

"Wa alaikumus salaam Bro...you sound so happy,how are you?" Bayyaa asked. I was just waiting for him to ask of me before saying anything.

"You see...I am as happy as I sound. How about you? And my bestfriend?" He asked and a smile found its way to my lips.

"We are doing good Alhamdulillaah. Your bestfriend has heard you,here talk to her" Bayyaa handed me the phone but left it on speaker.

"Hi bestie" I shyly called.

"Yes bestfriend...you are still sounding so low" he said.

"You see,many things are still not right here" My mind drifted to my missing twin sister,she doesn't even know how we are related.

"I...." the network flew away and I couldn't hear anything. Bayyaa decided to end the call and said he'll call him later.

I went into the Salah room and closed the door. I wanted it all to myself. I opened the Mushaf which was gently placed on it's stand and read the random page.

I decided to get back to my creator and ask Him for what's best for me. What will be for my good and not my destruction. I allowed myself to drown in the divine words being recited by myself. I would recite so loud that it would echo and my own voice seemed different to me. The more I recited,the more I wanted to.

Bayyaa walked in and brought me some food,seeing how concentrated I was,he placed the plate on the stool and took out his kufi from his pocket. He put it on and sat beside me,he took out another Mushaf and opened the page I was. When I finished a verse and paused to catch my breath,I heard his manly voice taking over. I just kept quiet and listened to him as he recited.

We spent the whole day in that room and left after offering our maghrib salaah.

"Let's go to Blackdoll's for dinner" I requested. Bayyaa nodded and picked his car key from the table. I couldn't wait to taste their delicious delicacies once again.