BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 11

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 11

Bismillaah

*NOOR*

I walked out of the study class hand in hand with Ayesha as we finished revising all our english books,we both have english as the first paper tomorrow.

"Bye" I waved her a goodbye as she took the road opposite to the one I was taking.
I walked straight to Bayyaa's office as usual so that he can take me home any time he gets done with his office work..also,to eat any bossy food that I meet there,yum!

"Bayyaa"

"Hmm"

"Do you also feel that something's off with Shaa's family?" I asked

"Who again is shaa?" He asked,his eyes never leaving his files.

"Ayesha,who else?"

"Ohh,yeah. I think so...but I can't figure out what it actually is. Why did you ask?" He threw me a glance.

"No,nothing. It might just be me overthinking" I decided not to probe further into people's personal matters.

"A little girl overthinking,huh" he said that and turned his face away. Bayyaa really has a lot of work today. Instead of sitting and wasting time,I decided to bring out my book and revise.

-----

I walked into the hall and stood at the door searching for my seat.

"There" I said to myself as I pointed to the chair right behind Zakir.

"Hi there" I pinched him with the back of my pen, he turned to me and smiled as always and turned back. It's exams so he has no time to pay back.

"You look all set" I said again.

"Noor why are you so talkative?" That was not new from him.

"Ok whatever!" I rolled my eyes and sat back,waiting for my paper.
I was not nervous because I am up to fight the common myth of 'science students cannot do well in English". At least not a British Science student called Noor.

I was done with my paper thirty minutes before the end of time. At that moment,many people were in the middle of their work. I looked over at Zakir and saw him looking at the ceiling,possibly thinking. I also looked up to see what was interesting on the ceiling. The patterns on it were so beautiful and I spent the rest of my time interacting with them.

'Pass your papers!' Order ran through the hall and the pupils got up uniformly to pass their papers. Oblivious of where some wind came from,it just blew away my neatly placed papers on the table and instead of following the papers,I stood there gasping. The gentleman in front of me placed his set-box on his papers and ran towards mine.

"Have them" Zakir gave me back my papers and quickly ran to pass his as I followed behind him.

"Thank you Zak"

"Call me Zakir and no need to say thanks,who would have followed your papers if I didn't" I wonder why was he so full of himself?

"You shouldn't have bothered if you know you'd say this at the end"

"You are welcome miss" He said and walked pass me. I fumed on my spot and made a mental note to not talk to him till he apologises,nonsense!

I didn't bother to call Bayyaa and decided to take a cab,eventhough he'd be mad at me for it,my over-protective Bayyaa!

"Salaamu alaikum" I shouted as I entered into Dad's room.

"Alaikum Salaam my likkle angel,how was today's paper?"