BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 5

BOLD AND SERENE

EPISODE 5

Bismillaah

MAHMUD

I roamed in the middle of the market in search of the perfect legumes to buy for supper. I came alone and my phone's battery has died so I am not able to make calls to Noor to hear her instructions. 'I will just buy everything and after reaching home,they can choose the required ones' I thought to myself holding my face with my thumb. In an attempt to turn around,I smashed into someone's grocery basket.

"What. the. hell!" She screamed over her broken basket.

"Sorry miss,sorry. I am really sorry" I apologised with a terrible look on my face. I can't find comfort in hurting or troubling people,infact,I feel scared.

"Sorry?! What good will that do to my basket?" She stood akimbo. She carried a daring look on her face and I felt that she will slap me soon.

"You are right" I closed my eyes and thought "how about you waiting here as I get you a new one right away?" I suggested

"You think I am dumb!? You want to use that opportunity to go scot-free? No way!" Ok,can someone ask her to calm down.

"Then let's go together" I shrugged.

"That's like it"

-----

I bought a brand new basket which was bigger than the other one. I gave it to her thinking she will be gone but to my surprise,she was still standing.

"How about the legumes that were left on the floor?" She bent her head.

Thinking about it,I can pay for the damage I made and simultaneously buy the stuff that I need,yup. I am going to buy the exact things that she buys.

"Let's do that one together too" I smiled and she looked at me as if I had a puzzle drawn on my face. I didn't wait for her reply and walked ahead. I heard her running behind me and that made me chuckle...well,I was being the boss that I am.

"What and what are you buying?" I asked as we stood infront of a lady selling different types of legumes.

"2 eggplants,5 cabbages...." she continued ranting and for a moment,I thought she wanted to buy everything.

"Is that not 'a lot'?" I raised a brow.

"I am a chef in a restaurant so it's never enough" that's it actually.
The word chef only brings one person to my mind,my mum. She used to have a small and classic restaurant in front of our house and many rich people used to visit there. I don't think anyone's food can taste better than my mum's. I shook the thought off and continued what I was doing.

"Ohh sorry....umm Aunt,please give me each of the exact legumes that she bought in another bag" I ordered.

"Why are you doing that?" I believe she wanted to fight again but gosh! I am too peaceful.

"I came from home to do just that but I don't know the exact ones to buy so I am choosing to buy whatever Miss Chef buys" I smiled.

"That's not my name" She rolled her eyes "my name is Asiyah,Asiyah Haqqiy." Did I just hear her say 'haqqiy'?

"Come again" I asked as we walked away.

"I said Asiyah Haqqiy!" Now I am sure I heard that right.

"Are you,by any chance,related to Ayesha Haqqiy?" I asked.

"No...ummm,I mean yess" what's that supposed to mean?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean to say yes,she is my sister" I couldn't belief my ears.