[ flashbacks ]

4 Weeks it had been.

4 weeks since I grabbed my belongings and slammed the doors of Max's apartment.

4 weeks since I'd cut everyone off to wallow in self pity, and 4 weeks since my trust had been taken for granted, again.

It was a whirlwind of emotions, a lot that stemmed from my fatherly issues and some a little easier to handle. One day I'd be lonely and unorganised. The next day I'd just be pissed off and need a good shag.

But regardless, I couldn't have anyone thinking the business women of the year was, weak! But no doubt, I was crying over some stupid fucking drug dealer that was too possessive for his own good.

For my own good!

It didn't matter how I was feeling though, it was kept inside and numbed down, to avoid any further public outburst like in Tesco the other day.

*flashback*

I pushed the trolley down the cheese aisle, scaling the shelves, looking at camembert for the meal I chose to cook tonight. K was with me, giving me an ongoing pep talk about the confusing "ways of men" when i'm retrospect, she had no clue what was going on about.

I hadn't told her what happened with Max, all she knew was the vague answer I gave her when she asked me what was wrong.

We had an argument.

"Don't stress out about him, that's the last thing you wanna do." K muttered as she gave me a sympathetic look.

"Yeah well it's fucking pissed me off." I felt my face get hot with anger.

K snickered to herself. "At the end of the day, at least you can do what you want now."

She was right yes, that sense of independence was back but that's the last thing I wanted! I loved it when Max was all over me, telling me what to do, treating me like a child. Even when he got controlling I didn't mind. But in that moment I lost it. And I left.

"You have no idea what your even talking about." I threw the camembert onto the ground and fucked off in the other direction.

"For fuck sake-. Aria!" K called after me.

I ignored as I proceeded to find the exit, leaving this shit behind. Avoiding talking about my feelings, once again.

A lady stacking milk cartoons on a shelf, turned towards me with a scowl on her face. "Excuse me, you cant leave that there! Go clean it up."

"Oh do, fuck off." I pushed past.

*flashback over*

Now when it came to friends and relationships, I wasn't ever one to take bullshit from anyone, everyone knew that, but betrayal was a whole other story.

I hadn't spoke to him since, he didn't call or text or even show up at the house. In a way, I was glad to be left alone, but that novelty wore off after I started to crave his touch and miss him.

When I had him in my corner, I was actually happy and relaxed for the first time in ages, I felt free and safe. But that's now over. It was a bunch of bullshit.

As soon as I got home I ran past the boys and straight to my room. All I remember was me screaming in the mirror and breaking down at the sight of my reflection. My makeup was halfway down my face and my head was pounding from that 'after crying headache' I always seemed to get.

All I could think about was how everything was fine before I snooped on his phone, he must feel just as betrayed as me.

So much fucking worrying, what would I say to Sam and Cameron if they asked about what happened? What would I say to mckenna now? I bet she just wanted to be mates with me so she could help Max.