[ Aqua part 2 ]

Aria POV

Massimo gave me a taunting look, like he expected me to be in shock in response to what he said. Max glanced at me as I glanced at Massimo.

He chuckled. "Don't look so scared. I just wanted to know who she was!" He said with a fakeish smile aimed at Max.

I nearly snapped back at him with a snarky comment but I remember Max said I couldn't talk to any of them without his permission. I felt so out of control. What kind of 'business' was this?

"I came here to talk about business not Aria." Max said hella bluntly.

"Well how can we talk about business if she isn't apart of this-." Max cut the other spanish man off. He shook his head at him and I raised a concerned eyebrow.

Massimo's deep laugh bellowed across the table. "Ah you see Alaric, Aria here isn't apart of our 'organisation'." He smiled. "Is she, Max." He taunted Max which I was not okay with, sitting here with nothing to say was killing me slowly but shortly.

"I intend to keep it that way for her own safety, you know how these things go." He smiled softy at the men infront of us who seemed understanding to the naked eye.

"Relax, Max." Massimo's reassurance meant nothing to me. "I'm not going to mention her to anyone, I just wonder why she's here if she has no value to the conversation." Little did he know.

"I guess I needed some company for tonight gentlemen." Max smiled politely, waving the waiter over.

The waiter came over with several menus, six for dinner and a wine menu for the table. Max ordered a bottle or chardonnay while I overheard Massimo talking to his friend he had brought along.

His friend who was a lot older leaned in. "lasciala stare" He whispered. "lei non causerà alcun problema, Massimo." (let her stay. she won't cause any problems, massimo.)

Little did that stupid neek know.

Massimo nodded at the gentlemen, I had a feeling he was a close advisor. He had a gruff face, I could tell he had been through a life of disappointment.

He caught me peaking at him and I decided the safe bet was to smile, he gave me a raised eyebrow before sending back a tight lipped grin. I looked away to the spanish man who was watching my every move, I wished Max was present at the table right now as I was moving mad uncomfortable.

"So tell me, do you work?" I turned my head to a enticing massimo who wanted to know about me. I knew I wasn't supposed to talk to any of them without asking but Max was sorting out some shitty wine cooler problem with the waiter.

"It's okay mi amor, you can talk no?" His thick italian accent spread around the table. They all watched me as I looked like a lost puppy not knowing what to do or say.

"She is an entrepreneur. Surely you would know that if you did your research." Max suddenly appeared, leaning back in his chair and spread his legs awfully casually.

"I suppose I wanted to hear from her but it appears your girlfriend is mute." Massimo returned. I was not mute nor was I his girlfriend.

"Not my girlfriend." Max sounded childish but he needed to state what I was to him. "Let's talk about the current affairs in greenwhich, your men patrolling that area."

The spanish men opposite me spoke to themselves as they watched some women that passed in tight dresses. "Por qué don Massimo tiene que involucrarnos en Londres?" The black haired man whispered. (why does don massimo have to get us involved in london?)

Don? What? Oh, I guess that's his first name.

"I need to widen out my radius Max, I think we could work together with the spanish." Massimo stated and Max rolled his eyes.