[ scorpio ]

Aria POV

I woke up in a large bed, king size, with satin black sheets. I couldn't remember what had happened in the last couple of hours. My heart was racing, I was petrified.

The curtains were black and closed, minimal furniture that made me feel uneasy and a noise coming from the threshold opposite me. It was so eery.

I shuddered and held myself close, on the edge of sobbing. I was so scared and so lonely. Somehow I felt a sense of familiarity under my goosebumps.

I looked in front and saw my reflection, the closet doors were giant mirrors, 8 or 9 feet tall. I looked a mess, my eyeliner had smudged and my lashes were peeling off. I was in a black T-shirt which had the scent of Max on it.

"Max." I whispered to myself.

I had put two and two together. He must have drugged me when I drank that water. I was shaking as anxiety took over. I trusted Max but this was too far. I had no clue what the time was and why I was in this situation.

When I was in his car he confirmed he was involved in something illegal. I really shouldn't have got involved with him.

I was in a sticky situation. Do I go confront him and risk getting hurt by some psycho, murderer, drug dealer/gang member or stay and wait to see what happens?

I couldn't see the door from his bedroom so I knew I wouldn't be able to sneak out without him noticing, with no phone or clothes or shoes in central? No thanks.

"How could he." I rubbed my temples, realising when Sam and Cameron told me to stay away, they were serious.

I was so scared. Deep down, a part of me knew Max would never hurt me. He was so protective over me so why would he do this? The fear of what would happen next had drifted from my train of thought as anger took its place.

"How dare he." I mumbled to myself as I threw the duvet off of me and strutted to the kitchen.

I didn't care if I was taking a huge risk, I was fucking fuming.

I knew where everything was as Max had gave me a tour Via facetime a few times before. I stomped on the kitchen tiles, past the open plan living room. Out of the corner of my eye, Max lingered.

Max looked across at me as he was popping a piece of popcorn in his mouth, he looked shocked that I had completely ignored him. Probably more shocked at the fact he had drugged me and I hadn't freaked out. I was smarter than that.

I had a large frown on my face and didn't bother acknowledging Max, I opened the American fridge door and grabbed a water bottle. Ironic. I know.

I scoffed to myself, looking at it. He was on the other side of his kitchen island just staring at me. I honestly WISH I could smack that look off of his face. I walked past the island and jumped onto the sofa, staring into space. It was cushy and wide but I couldn't enjoy it.

He began to walk closer to me, achingly slowly. "Alright?" He asked, in an unusual tone.

"You can fuck right off." I said bluntly, not looking him in the eye.

He came closer. "Why you in a mood?" He asked.

I was fuming. "Why am I in a 'mood?'. You fucking drugged me you, CUNT." I shouted in his face. He just watched in awe. He tried to seem like he wasn't fazed but he was.

"Your insane, Max. Your lucky your fucking with a bad bitch cuz any other women would have police round here by now." I said, now much more calm.

"I have my reasons." Max said bluntly.