A Change of Pace

Heeseung's POV

It was weeks after the incident had happened, the intruders were mostly killed or wound badly and were sent to the cellars so they can think of a punishment.

My injuries have been healed by Sir Jin and we've found out that Niki and Sunoo are going out. I mean finally!!

However these days, Sunghoon has been avoiding me. When I get close or even call his name, he'll just walk away like he doesn't know me. It's starting to break my heart. Doesn't he love me anymore? Was this all a trick? The more I think about it he hasn't even asked if I could be his boyfriend.

"Heeseung...Heeseung!?"

"Hmm!?" I looked up to see who I dreaded the most. "Mrs Park!?"

"You've been sitting in the corridor's chairs all afternoon, everything alright dear?" She asked "I heard that the intruders were going after you and I was so worried"

"Yeah I'm fine" I quickly stood up and backed away remembering who she really is

"What's the matter? Don't tell me you feel uneasy and scared" she walked up to me with intimidating steps "do you know how heartbroken I'll be if you were?"

I felt my back hit against the wall while being trapped between her stern gaze.
"I-I'm not"

"What a relief cause if you were, I would have done something like this" she pulled out a dagger and held it up infront of me. "You know...those idiotic thieves didn't get the job done even though it was such a simple task...I guess I'll have to do it myself!"

She was about to stab me until someone swiftly pulled me away and behind their back and pushed her on the ground. I look up at the figure."Sunghoon!?"

He turned to look at me and received a very long and hard stare. Suddenly, his looks started to soften and pulled me in for a hug. "You scared me. Why are you out here in the first place? You could've been injured if I wasn't here"

"I'm sorry" I replied "I never knew you were worried"

He released me from the tight hug." Why wouldn't I be?"

"You keep avoiding me ever since the kidnapping and I'm starting think you don't even like me anymore"

"That's not true, I love you with every bit of my heart and always will. You're the first person that I've opened up to in a long time" Sunghoon said "I'm happy you've came into my life Lee Heeseung" he placed his hand onto me cheek making me have this warm feeling inside again. I grabbed his hand which was on my cheek, that's when I felt something cold upon his pale hands.

I looked at it. "Sunghoon your hand!? It's bleeding!?" I cried

"Don't worry about it" He said "it's quite small, I can get it patched up later"

"Aww. Such a cute moment it almost made me cry" Mrs Park interrupted wiping her imaginary tears "so you've found out what I was doing?"

"Not just that, your whole plan on taking the throne!" Sunghoon cried "do you have no dignity!"

"Ever since your mother married the King I've been planning my revenge ever since"

"So getting Heeseung's parents to my father, sending those people to kidnap Heeseung, killing our real mother while stabbing me in the process. It was all you!?"

"Of course. Who else would it be" she stood up while staggered towards us and pointed the knife at me "I was about to do the next stage of my plan until you, you showed up and ruined everything!"

My grip on Sunghoon started to tighten as she got closer with every step. Sunghoon turned his head taking a glance at me. "Heeseung, go get some help" he said