-Broken Hope-

(Belongs to second Alternate Ending)

June 28 2025
Melbourne, Australia
Sarah's POV

We were on a mission in Hong Kong since Dr. Strange needed help with something to do with the place that made him learn his magic. At this point we're in Melbourne, Australia fighting a bunch of bad guys, there's bullets spraying and glass going everywhere. I have pieces of a car window stuck in my hand, I have yet to worry about taking them out. They didn't stab me, they're just embedded in my palm.

While I'm standing on top of a smashed up car, I shoot what's left in the enemy provided hand gun before smacking a guy around with it as throwing it to the side. I slip my knife from my holster before whipping out the blade and cutting the backs of people's knees when they try kicking Uncle James or Uncle Sam. Peter is busy swinging people around while the rest of us are staying on the ground.

Shuri is on the quinjet, but all we have with us is Stark technology since we left in such a rush. Without me knowing it, while I'm slashing knees i've been shot through my back.

"Ahh!" I shout as I drop my knife

"Ms. Rogers? Can you hear me?" I hear Shuri's familiar accented voice say through my comm

"What happened to Sarah? Is she okay?" I hear Uncle James ask after Shuri

"Can you walk?" I hear Sam question

"She's bleeding out, I can't get to her soon enough." Shuri panics

I look at my left hand that's holding my stomach and sure enough there's blood covering my hand.

Wow, bullets hurt a lot more than they used to.

I hear more fighting throughout the city before it dies down, the mission is over. I hear a small stampede of feet coming at me, I lay on my back to see Uncle James and Shuri looking down at me.

"I'll be okay, i'll be okay." I say more to myself than to them

"Stay with me, Doll." I hear Uncle James say as he kneels down next to me

He's on my right side, but he has his left shin on the ground and his right foot supporting his weight. He grabs my head and sits it on his left knee so that i'm supported. I can feel the blood seeping through my suit from my back and stomach. There's white spots in my vision and my heart rate is going crazy.

"We're losing her!" Uncle James yells as he looks up

I see Peter come down from a building and Tony flying closer to the ground before walking over with part of his helmet torn.

"You and I were supposed to team up and kill the rest of Hydra's agents together." Uncle James says with a sad tone in his voice

"You can do that, you're the one who thought of it." I whisper

"No, we both thought it. I was just the one to vocalize it, we need to finish it together." he says grabbing my right hand

"It'll be okay." I whisper as I reach for his face

"Sarah.." he whispers with tears in his eyes as he leans into my hand