{

November 28 2016-Steve's POV

I really want to take Sarah to the Smithsonian set up of me with the Howling Commandos. I think she would enjoy looking at the videos they have and the items they recovered from that time.

Right now she's at school and I'm cooking myself lunch for the day, it's weird not having any noise going on in the background. Whether it's Bucky watching Brady Bunch reruns or from Sarah dancing to whatever music that she likes on a radio station.

Hopefully when Sarah comes home she'll want to go somewhere since usually we just stay in for the night or go to the compound to train. She hasn't really seen the compound since she always just rushing to train when we arrive or going in her room without noticing things, so maybe I can help her tour the building.

Plus, the interior decorator just got finished making the place look nice and put together in the sleeping quarters part of the place. Ours is more like an apartment/penthouse that isn't on the top floor since we are a family and not just two Avengers who are close with each other.

I am taking her out of school early today.

If I don't, we won't get home tonight until much later than we should.

It's now about 1:45 and i'm getting ready to pick Sarah up from school. I throw on my jacket, grab my keys and head out the door. Once i'm at Midtown High, I keep my helmet on as I climb off of the bike and walk into the school.

After I give the lady at the counter my ID, she calls "Delilah" to the office. Sarah sees me through the window and walks in with a curious, but nervous look on her face. She has a warm sweater and some jeans on that I think she accidentally took from Nat when Jarvis messed up the laundry orders during Ultron's take over.

"Hey, Pa

"Hey, Pa." she smiles

"Hey, you ready to go?" I question

"Yes, I need to grab a couple of my books first." she says quietly

"Alright, let's go then. Have a good day everyone." I tell the office staff the second sentence

We walk out of the office and head down to her locker, which I have yet to see. Once we get there, she unlocks it with the combination. In her locker are pictures of us and Bucky that our faces are covered up by people in old magazines that she found. After it opens, she unloads some of her books from her bag and puts them in her locker before taking out a history textbook from her locker and putting it in her school bag.

"Homework?" I ask her

"Project." she says putting her school bag over her shoulder

"What's it on?"

"We had to pick a war."

"Tell me you didn't.." I say with a stern look

"I want to learn more about you, Ma and Uncle James' lives before everything crazy happened. Everyone thinks that World War II was a big deal, trust me I realize that it was and still is with so many people being killed out of pure hatred, but Hydra was who I slaved for. I want to learn more about the war itself: what you, Uncle James, Uncle Howard, Ma and the Howling Commandos did back then."