Riding on a back of a vampire,running on full speed, while the wind whipped my face makes my adrenaline soar higher. I felt frustrated, I wish I can run with them too. But I was human, and I could not put up with their speed.

We have now reached Forks High School and I saw Jasper’s head inclined to get a last look at his Alma Mater. I was taken aback when both he and Demetri halted. The looks on their faces showed fierceness and anger. Demetri and Jaser growled.

Jasper put me down but he locked a hand on my wrist and his body was shielding me from an invisible, unseen enemy ready to attack us from the dark.

And then, I recognized danger.

But I don’t know what’s the danger.

“ What is it? “ I asked them. My voice quivering and scared.

“ We sensed Victoria’s scent. She’s at Forks High School now.” Jasper said through gritted teeth.

Damn it. Victoria. She had come for me, isn’t she?

Charlie. Oh no. What am I gonna do now?

“ Relax Bella. Jasper and I could handle this. “ Demetri’s voice echoed in the cool evening to a suddenly dangerous tainted night.

My heart began to flutter in different motions. My blood pounding in my ears and panic rising in my chest. When everything seemed so right, something had come to destroy it. Is Fate angry with me? What have I done to deserve this? Jasper felt my anxiousness because he had turned to me and then I felt safety circling me. Thanks to Jasper’s gift.

“ Bella. We need to go inside Forks High School to see what Victoria wants this time. “ Jasper said softly. He lifted one pale hand then he trailed his finger on my face. I shivered in his cold, gentle touch. Even at this time, my body still remembered to blush. He laughed shortly, then he beckoned for Demetri to come closer.

I let out a guffaw when I saw Demetri with my bags. My two knapsacks on his back, my sports bag in his left arm and my shoulder bag swinging on his right arm. He looked like a poor baggage boy.

“ Yeah, yeah Bella. “ He uttered.

I silenced and then an uncomfortable silence hung on the air. Jasper took a step forward.

“ What exactly are  you doing, Jasper? “ Demetri said.

“ I’m walking. Now, let’s go to Victoria and see what she wants.” Jasper told him. A growl escaped from his chest.

Demetri rolled his eyes and then finally, we walked inside the gates of my school. Jasper’s alma mater.

I took a quick glance at my watch and saw that It was already 12:15.

We walked and walked until we reached the gym. Inside the campus was already dark. And going inside the gym was even more darker. It looked creepy. 

" Victoria. Come out now. " Jasper cooed in the dark. If it hadnt be for the danger we were in. Cooing would be so cute for him. But my Jasper looked like a tiger in a sheep's clothing.

It was good that Victoria don't want to play games with us anymore. Like what she just did to Jacob. She killed him. The thought squeezed my heart. A tear escaped from my eye. I juts remembered Jacob. He was my best friend. And now he was gone. Because of Victoria.

" Hello. " Victoria's bitchy voice rang in the cold air.

Demetri crouched his back, ready to sprang at Victoria. Jasper told Demetri to cool down for a moment and Demetri obeyed.

" WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Jasper yelled. I winced a little. I never heard Jasper shouted like this before.

" I just want to avenge my mate's death. " Victoria said.

And with that, fast as lightning, she hurled herself at Jasper. Since I was standing behind him, the impact like the crash of two marble walls slammed togwther, I was thrown acroos the gym. My head hit the base of the Basketball ring. I felt the tear of my skin in my scalp and  I touched where it hurt, my fingers had felt sticky. When I looked at my hand, my blood was caked in my fingers. I groaned and I realized I was crying. 

" Demetri! Go to Bella. Protect her. NOW! " Jasper commanded as I saw him wrestle with Victoria. Demetri was by my side in a flash. He scooped me in his arms and he laid my head on his lap. His ruby red eyes earlier were now the color of a bottomless pit. jet Black. It means that he needs ot feed on Human's blood. I almost forgot. He isnt a vegetarian that feed on animal's blood.

" God Bella. " He muttered. then his pale white hands flew to his nose and mouth. He covered it tightly. Determined not to take a sip of my blood.

" I'm sorry Demetri. I know this must be hard for you. " I said weakly.

" No Bella. It's my job to protect you. I pledged to Master Aro. " Demetri said. His black eyes a little creepy. 

My visions turned blurry as I saw Jasper punched Victoria's chest. Victoria flew and she landed 10 feet away from where Demetri and I were. Demetri moved his arms and he hugged me. Protecting me from Victoria. I know she would stand in any moment and would turn her back from Jasper to fight with Demetri so she could get me.

I was right. Several seconds later, Victoria stood and began to make her way towards Demetri and me.

" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! " I heard Jasper screamed. And then the next thing I knew, Jasper had Victoria by the neck. In a swift motion, he ripped Victoria's head. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Demetri gently moved out from his position and he place my head on the cold gym floor then he ran to Jasper and took out a match.

Then, together, they burned the pieces.