029

Rel gaped at the dragon as Joey stood triumphantly atop its head. Chopping it off in one fell swoop to confirm that she was, in fact, dead. A maniacal laugh echoed along the stones as a purple portal ignited in the center of the island, right below where Sausage and Rel floated. A pair of large black horns emerged from the portal, followed by the rest of what Rel knew to be Xxornoth, except he looked different. His eyes looked more powerful and his horns seemed to be larger. He radiated more of an aura that seemed to freeze everyone in place. Unfortunately for Rel, that did not include Sausage.
Sausage twisted around, a sickening grin on his face as he swung his sword around, slicing through their wing and causing them to need to clutch onto him harder as they no longer had the wing capacity to fly safely. They snapped out of their trancelike state, but it was too late. Sausage stabbed his sword directly through the right side of their chest. The point of his sword could be seen coming out of their back as Xxornoth continued to laugh.
Rel's eyes widened in shock as Sausage retracted his sword and let go of Rel letting them fall down. And down. And down. The last thing that Rel could hear clearly before falling through the portal below them was the terrified screech of Scott, which roughly translated to: NO!

.:():.

Scott sprinted forward, running into the bedrock barrier of the portal and reaching his arm through. He grasped at the cool air on the other side before he jumped back in surprise as a purple glow spiraled up from the portal to a small bowl-like pedestal at the top of a pillar, extending from the center of the portal. The purple glow turned into purple liquid, which slowly formed itself into a large egg. Gem ran, as fast as she was able, to the portal. Hover jumping into the air and wrapping her body around the fragile egg. As she fell into the portal, she caught eyes with Scott and nodded slightly. Scott stood up straight, turning to Xxornoth.
"You are a fool brother" Xxornoth growled as he floated midair above the portal. "So easily fooled by my pawn" Scott gazed up at Xxornoth through teary eyes. "Rel was dispensable but all of you have loved ones my husband has been so kindly able to locate. None of you are safe from heartbreak or from me." Xxornoth continued talking, but Scott wasn't listening. He was itching to dive through the portal and help Rel, even if they were dead.
   A loud bang echoed among the emperors as Xxornoth, Joey, and Sausage disappeared, their job finished. Lizzie fell to her knees and Joel knelt down to comfort her. Pixl stood in shock before slowly reaching up and removing his thin crown from his head, causing a dusting of sparkling sand to fall from his hair. He laid it on the ground next to FWhip whispering something before jumping into the portal. Shelby stood next to Scott, wrapping her small arms around him as her eyes teared up. Katherine had her arm slung over Jimmy's shoulder as she gobbled over to the group. He leg had not fully healed, nor had Jimmy's forehead, however Jimmy's ankle was only twisted and he was able to walk it off pretty quickly.
   The small group of emperors slowly made their way to the portal and one by one they entered. Moving between the dimensions to their homelands. Lizzie and Joel were the second to last group to go through. They held hands as they took the leap of faith. Only leaving Scott and Shelby in the desolate plains of the End.
   "Let's go, yeah?" Shelby said slightly tugging his arm and letting go of his embrace. Scott nodded before standing up straighter and stepping up into the edge of the the portal. He took a deep breath and stepped forward, feeling the gravity change directions as he stepped onto the solid ground of the mountains. In front of him lay Rel and Gem. The two other people with the respawn proximity the same as his.
   Scott crouched down next to Gem, laying his hand over the left side of Rel's chest. He could still feel a faint heartbeat in their chest and he let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding. Gem knelt next to Rel. She wore no cloak as she had removed it a set it to the side, wrapping the egg up to keep it warm. She was shivering slightly but she seemed to have wrapped up the wound of Rel's chest to prevent any leakage until they were able to get to an infirmary. Scott ripped off a piece of his shirt, not caring how expensive it was or how bad it looked. He pressed the fabric to their wing wound, cleaning it slightly before Gem wrapped it with the same cheap gauze she had used for the chest wound. Rel was completely out of it and the little group probably looked like a mess. Gem had lost the leather strap for her hair in the fight and her braid was half undone and tangled down her back. Her dress was ripped and torn and she had many scratches on her body. There were large bags under her eyes from magic depletion and her eyes seemed to be more dull than typical. She could barely sleep as she mumbled a "goodbye" and "good luck" to Scott before patting his shoulder and picking up the egg giving him a smile of sympathy. She took off flying up into the air towards her home.
   Scott whistled and a snowy owl swooped down from the sky, landing on his arm. He clicked at the owl to let Clive know they were coming home. The owl took off and flapped away towards Rivendell. Scott carefully picked up Rel. They head resting on his shoulder and his arms under their knees and neck. Scott shivered as he started to walk. The drafts of the high mountains nipping at his bare skin and Rels wings dragging in the snow.

.:():.

   A woman stood atop a cliff, noticing the man trudging through the snow. An unconscious person in his arms. He had large golden horns and a spiky crown that sat crooked on his head. His long sleeved shirt was torn in many places and an entire sleeve was missing. He wore rundown boots and his cyan hair was wind blown and messy. Dried blood crusted in parts of his hair and many splotches of blood stained his pants and his shirt.
   The person he was carrying looked oddly familiar to the woman. They had short brown hair that was clumped with sweat. Their shirt was torn and their pants were shredded at the shins. A large hole was on the left side of their chest in their shirt and white gauze seemed to be hastily but precisely wrapped around the wound. The red spot slowly spreading and turning the white gauze bright red. One of their boots was completely missing. The surprising thing to the boy were the large white, gold, and red wings on their back, dragging in the snow.
   "Rel...?" The woman clutched the reins of the large black horse she sat on. A small child sat in front of her and her long black hair flowed in the brisk wind of the mountains. The child has one blue and one green eye and he seemed to be around 3 years old. The woman took off on her horse, galloping towards the duo, leaping down the rocks and skidding to a stop in front of them. The man stopped in surprise.
   "Who—"
   "Need a hand your majesty?"

AN: DOUBLE UPDATE!!! Thought my amazing Mers deserved it. I wonder who this mysterious woman is and how she knows Rel. Hm... Welp y'all are gonna have to wait for that bit of info! Have an amazing day and be sure to get enough to eat and sleep. Love y'all!

~Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️