021

A beautiful voice sounded through the empty hallways of the palace. The snow outside falling softly.
The night is restless with the sounds we hear
The footsteps got louder as Rel stepped out of the painting.
Is broken shaken by the cries of pain
They kept singing, walking towards the balcony.
For this is musics inner voice saying
Yes we hear you
They walked out onto the balcony, leaning against the railing as the chorus spilled forth from their lips.
All you who cry aloud
And we will fly
Answering you
So our lives sing
Sing wild we will fly
Wild in spirit we will fly
The song trailed off, ringing through their ears.
"I didn't know you were such a good singer" Rel jumped, spinning around to see Scott sitting on the roof, his legs dangling over the edge.
"Oh... yeah" They exclaimed, turning to face him fully. "I had a lot of time to practice" Scott smiled and kept talking with them as they made their way up to the roof.

.:():.

Xxornoth growled as the last notes of the song finished echoing off the cliffs. She wasn't supposed to ever sing that song again. He lept across the tops of the trees, eventually stoping at a break in the trees where a man was standing.
   "Joey" Xxornoth mumbled before jumping down from the trees.
   "Xor Xor!!" The man ran up to him crushing him in a hug. Xxornoth plastered a smile on his face, returning the hug.
"Jo Jo!" He answered in a calm tone. He ruffled Joeys hair. "I have a present for you!" Joey turned slightly pink in the face,
"C-could you change?" Xxornoth made himself flinch before nodding. He let the goodness wash over him until he stood in front of Joey as his former self. The one he used to sneak around the empires, unnoticed.
"Tada" He said nonchalantly, before reaching behind his back and searching for something. Joey took this time to examine the beautiful specimen of a man that stood in front of him.
He was tall and had soft muscles on his arms. He wore a loose black shirt that contrasted harshly with his snow pale skin. His black hair was cut long and pulled back into a small ponytail on the nape of his neck. His elven ears on full display. He looked up at Joey and their eyes connected. For a moment, Joey thought he could see a flash of teal in them before they faded back to harsh red.
"What is it?" Joey said, motioning towards the hand that Xxornoth hid behind his back. Slowly, Xxornoth revealed the object to be a spiked metal crown that was rusted a dark maroon with a bright red gem stuck in the center.
"For you" Xxornoth reached up and right before he place the crown on Joeys head. His eyes flashed teal. Longer this time. And long enough to connect with Joeys and make him see the terror in the eyes. Joey was confused yet right before he could question Xxornoth, he felt the cool metal of the crown touch his head and everything went black.

AN: Filler chapter! Wooo! Also, the lyrics at the beginning of this chapter are from a song that I had to memorize for my choir. It is a beautiful yet haunting song and I thought that it fit. Maybe if we hit 5k reads I will upload a clip of me singing the main melody 😏. Love y'all!

~Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️