015

"Scott?" Scott jumped, accidentally dropping the scroll he held over the balcony. He quickly let out a series of clicks and hoots pointing downwards. Celine catch the scroll! The
The snowy owl hooted back, On it boss, before diving down off the balcony. Scott sighed before spinning around.
   "What is it now Cl—" Scott stopped. That was not Clive. In fact, the Butler was no where to be seen. "Rel?"
"Hi!" They stepped slightly closer. The moonlight reflecting in their eyes.
"What are you doing here?" Scott said, a smile appearing on his face. He felt a weight on his shoulders and looked to his right, to see Celine sitting there with the scroll in her beak.
"I got worried" Rel said, fiddling with their fingers. "It had been a while and you weren't in the tunnel"
"Oh!" Scott looked up at the sky, "I completely forgot! I am so sorry Rel!" Scott placed a hand on their shoulder. They looked up.
"It's okay! I've never seen the palace before and..." Rel paused looking in confusion at the owl on his shoulder. "Did you just talk to the owl?"
"Oh..." Scott scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, not many people know I can do that, they just think we train them"
"I think it's cool!" Rel exclaimed, stepping closer and reaching their hand towards his face. "May I?" Scott's face turned beetroot red,
"Y-yeah?" Rel reached past his face and started scratching Celines head, Scott let out a sigh of relief. He clicked his tongue a few times,
Get on their arm?. Celine answered him,
Sure! I like her!. Scott shook his head,
they. The owl tilted her head to the side slightly before flapping her wings a few times. Scott chuckled,
It's okay Celine. Rel would you... Scott giggled slightly and looked up at Rel, who had a confused look on their face.
"Rel would you hold out your arm like this?" Scot raised his arm slightly so that his forearm was in front of his chest.
"Sure?" Rel copied his motion and Scott looked back at Celine.
Go ahead. Celine flapped her large wings, propelling herself up in the air and gliding back down to land on Rel's arm. Rel blinked in surprise before smiling and continuing to scratch Celine's head and face. She fluttered her wings in contentment.
"So why did did you forget?" Rel exclaimed, stopping scratching Celine. Celine hopped up onto their shoulder, closing her eyes.
"Uhm" Scott looked down at the scroll in his hands, "This" He pressed the scroll into Rels hands. They looked at him confused before unrolling it and starting to read:

Dearest Scott,

I hope that this letter finds you well! I wish to invite you to my wedding with King Joel. I realize that King Joel and yourself have not been on the best terms lately, however you and I have always been friends. I hope that you shall attend.
The wedding is set to take place in the Church of the Blood Sheep, which is located in Mythland. I would have chosen the Church of the Stag however Joel had his heart set. I have arranged for each ruler to bring two guards and a plus one. We encourage you to bring one of your owls (if you know what I mean ;).

Oceans Blessings as Always,
Queen Elizabeth III
aka Queen Lizzie

"Wait," Rel said looking up at Scott, "Prince Joel is the King?" Scott looked at them surprised,
"Yeah...he has been for at least 8 years. You didn't know?" Scott stared at Rel in shock.
   "How old was he?"
   "About 13 I think, he was the first to become the ruler after his parents were assassinated"
   "Oh..." Rel said looking down, "Well I guess I knew that..." Scott could tell they were lying, now that he thought of it he had never asked Rel about where they came from or why they were in the House Blossom empire when they first met. Scott looked at Rel. They were standing at the railing now, Celine sitting on their shoulder with her eyes closed. The moonlight was reflecting off of their eyes and their dark brown hair was blowing in the slight wind. They were, well beautiful...
   "Would you like to go with me?" Scott jumped at his own voice escaping his mouth. Rel looked up at him in surprise their head tilting slightly to the side.
   "But her majesty said to bring 'one of your owls'?" Scott chuckled slightly his face turning slightly pink.
   "That's an inside joke of ours from when we were younger" He said, "It means, well, friend?" It's didn't mean friend and Scott knew it. Lizzie used to call his crush "his owl", she hadn't used the nickname for years, why now?
   "Sure, I would love to!" Rel said, walking towards him and enveloping him in a hug. "Thank you for asking". Scott closed his eyes and rested his chin on Rel's head. Celine hooted at him as she spread her wings and flew away.
I see what's going on, what was going on, Scott didn't know, he just knew that this was the happiest he had felt since before his parents and sister died. His hands resting on Rel's muscular back and his face resting in their hair. Serenity surrounded them.

.:():.

   Lizzie paced back and forth on the soft coral carpet of the deep palace. The water surrounding her and moving with her as she paced.
   "What do you mean a demon, Sir Strawberry?" A large pink axolotl, wearing armor and carrying a small red trident, hovered in the water in front of Lizzie.
   "wee magees, weedoba deemo boka" (Your majesty, A demon is attacking the land), Lizzie threw her hands up,
   "What does that have to do with us?" She said exasperated. A light blue axolotl swam into the chamber.
"Sir Swaabree leef bee" (Sir Strawberry leave her be) The axolotl was wearing a flowing dark blue dress, her stomach bulging. In her small webbed hand was a dark blue trident. She swam up to Lizzie. "Hah oo wee magees?" (How are you your majesty?) Lizzie smiled.
   "Thank you, Marceline. I am doing fine, just stressed" Marceline swam up and booped Lizzies arm with her nose.
"oo bee kay" (You will be okay) Lady Marceline said as she swam out, "Oceen Bless, mee quee" (Oceans Blessings, my queen)

AN: Hey y'all thank you so much for 1k reads! I am still in shock I got 100 and now this... I am shook. Because we hit 1k reads I am going to do a Bitmoji reveal. I would also like your opinion whether or not I should write out some of the backstories of the characters (besides Rel) either in another book or a specified chapter. Love y'all!

~Syre