003

Trigger Warnings: ...

Scott laid in the large bed, he and Lady Katherine had agreed to leave first thing in the morning as it was a long way to the edge of House Blossom Empire. He hopped out of the bed and onto the carpet of moss, walking over to his trunk he pulled on a simple blue shirt that laced up at the front, as well as a white and gold cape that fell to about his knees. He put on a pair of dark blue leggings that went to about his mid calf and a pair of lace up brown boots.

He walked over to the mirror, looking at his reflection. He had shaggy cyan hair that covered the top part of his eyes. His pointed ears peaked out of his hair and his eyes were a gleaming dark blue. Scott picked up the crown sitting on the vanity and held it in his hands. It was a gold circlet with sharp white spikes sticking up and a cyan gem in the center.

There was a soft knock on the door and Scott went to open it. He opened the door to see nothing.

"D-down here, y-your majesty" Scott looked down in surprise, seeing a small girl who seemed only to be about 6. She had long wavy blonde hair and wore a pink dress with a white apron and on her back were a small pair of butterfly wings. In her arms she clutched a small pink sheep plushie. Scott smiled warmly and kneeled down in front of her.

"Hi sweetie" He said "What is it you need?"

"I-I can't find my mommy..." Scott looked at her in surprise.

"What do you mean?" Scott said tilting his head to show his confusion to the child.

"I just came out of my Husk, a-and I can't find mommy..." The little girl said turning to look around her again. This statement just made Scott even more confused, but nonetheless he put a smile on his face.

"Why don't we go see Lady Katherine and ask her?" Scott suggested, standing and reaching his hand out for her to take.

"O-okay" The little girl took ahold of King Scott's hand and they both walked down the hallway towards the Meeting Room. The hallways were beautiful, with amethyst floors and quartz walls, it surprised Scott how well maintained everything was.

They arrived at the door to the meeting room and Scott put his hand on the door, but the little girl piped up.

"Mommy said i'm not allowed inside this room" She said, backing away slightly.

"It's okay little doe, just this once" Scott said before opening the door and leading her inside. The room was large with a huge table dark oak table in the center. There were an array of chairs placed around the table and on one side of the room was a large window overlooking the castle courtyard. Lady Katherine was seated at the head of the table with a pile of papers in front of her. She seemed to be waiting for Scott.

"Greetings, Lady Katherine" Scott said bowing.

"G-g-good m-morning, y-your highness" The little girl said, clutching her sheep plushie closer to her chest. Katherine looked up.

"Morning, King Scott" She said before looking down. "... and who are you little bud" Katherine stepped out of her chair and walked over to the girl before kneeling down.

"M-my name is L-lily" the girl, Lily, answered.

"Where is your mom?" Katherine smiled warmly.

"I can't find her..." The little girl pulled her sheep even closer to her heart. "I can out of my Husk and I couldn't find her" Katherine looked at her with knowing eyes. Scott still stood next to the pair, he was very confused.

"Why don't we go back to the Cocoon and see if she is there?" Katherine asked, taking the girl's hand and standing. "Why don't you come with us Scott" Scott nodded before following Katherine and Lily down a maze of halls. Katherine stopped at a large door with butterflies and flowers chiseled onto them. There was a sign outside the door that read, 'Cocoon'. Scott was still confused but followed Katherine anyway as she opened the doors and stepped inside.

Scott's jaw dropped. The room was huge with three big trees growing inside. The floor was made of quartz and the walls of black concrete. There was a large skylight in the ceiling and a balcony running around the whole room. What surprised the King the most was that on the trees were hundreds of small Cocoon looking things. They ranged in color and they had a soft glow to them. A few of these Cocoons were on the floor of the room and they had large tears from bottom to top. Lily immediately ran over to one of these and put her small hands on it.

"This one is mine" She said looking over at Lady Katherine. Katherine smiled and walked over.

"It is very beautiful. You did a good job." Lily smiled before beckoning Scott over. Scott walked over, being careful not to step on any of the cocoons things.

"W-what is it?" He asked nervously, scratching the back of his neck. Katherine smiled before explaining.

"It is called a Husk. All of our children when they turn 6 go into a state called Crysalis. In that state they make themselves a husk to sit in for 2 months. When they come out they have these." Katherine fluttered her own butterfly wings making them catch the light of the sunrise and shimmer in the dark space. Lily looked over her shoulder at her wings and tried to move them, however it didn't work. "About a day after the little fairies exit their husks, they are able to start moving their wings and over the course of a year they learn how to use them to fly." Scott looked at Lily in shock. So that was what she was talking about.

"Lily-bud!" Scott and Katherine turned to see the rider from before, enter the room. She was wearing a gray dress with a brown belt across her hips. She was wearing brown boots and her long brown hair was pulled up into a bun. Her green eyes flashed with worry. "There you are!"

"Mommy!" Lily's eyes lit up and she ran to her mother almost tripping on a husk as she went by. She crashed into the rider, almost knocking her over. Katherine smiled and picked up the pick sheep plushie before walking over to the mother and child.

"Don't forget him" Katherine said handing the plushie to Lily.

"Thank you so much, my lady" the woman said, "My name is Jala, I am one of your messengers"

"It was really no problem Jala" Katherine exclaimed, smiling even wider, "We had fun" She bent down and booped Lily on the nose, making her giggle.

AN: This is more of a filler chapter because I felt like the story was moving rather quickly. The character Lily holds a special place in my heart and I wanted her to make an appearance. Who knows, maybe she will come back? Also the picture at the top is what I think Lily would look like as a teenager.