Prologue

WARNINGS
blood and slight gore

.:():.

The crackling of lava is a sound that one should never hear. Nor is the sound of a screaming person. Yet that is what was heard in the Under. Lava drips off of everything and there are cages hung over large pits of a black and oily substance. In the middle of it all is a large black stronghold of sorts. Towers rising from every corner, it is menacing. However one thing stood out. The scream rising over the pools of oil and lava.

"LET ME OUT"

A person with short brown hair stood in a cage suspended over a chamber in the stronghold. Their eyes blazed a fierce green and their pointed ears twitched ever so slightly. They were standing, tears streaming down their face, banging on the bars of the cage. Their clothes were ripped and torn and covered in oil and dust.

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING" They shouted "I SWEAR"

A menacing laugh rose through the room, and a figure, cloaked in red, entered.

"No one is going to hear you my sweet, sweet, child" The figure had bright red eyes and a hood covering his head. He had a raspy voice that sounded almost reptilian. "Now you are going to tell me how to get to Rivendell or you will face the consequences."

The person in the cage clutched at their ears shaking their head.

"I told you..." they whispered "I don't know anything"

The demon-like figure sighed, "Fine... I guess we will do this the hard way"

~~Trigger Warning~~

He suddenly appeared in the cage, the person jumped back and whimpered, cowering in the corner of the cage. The demon unsheathed a jagged sword from his hip and swung it at the young elf. They held their hands up only to realize that the figure was gone. Blood was running down their hand and falling in streams onto the floor of the cage. They looked at their hand only to let out a cry of shock. Three of the fingers on their left hand were severed from the second knuckle up. The blood was warm on their hand and the tears were frightfully hot, running down their face.

They tore a piece of their pale brown tunic and wrapped it around their fingers, hoping that is would stop the bleeding enough.

~~End of Trigger~~

They tried to stand before becoming dizzy and feinting. They would have to warn King Scott before it was too late, and the demon found out. A plan was starting to form in their head.

AN }{ Thanks you guys for reading, I do not update a lot however I will try and get this book rolling. I have had this idea for a while.  There will be trigger warnings at the beginning of each chapter with triggers. Skip to where it says "End of Trigger" if you are sensitive. Thanks again! Also the picture at the top is the closest I could find to how I imagine the Under. The Under is basically like the nether of Shubble's old world but you do not need a portal to get there.