032

A loud crunching and rumbling sound echoed through the valley of Rivendell. Things fell off shelves and Rel woke with a jump. They were lying on Scott's bed, their arms and wings wrapped around his body. They glanced over at the round daylight sensor on the wall. It was dawn. Rel then processed the fact that they were lying in Scott's bed in his room, having stayed the night.

.:():.

Flashback

   Rel wrapped their arm around Scott's shoulder leaning on him heavily as the duo hobbled out of Candy's home, the small family waving at the pair as they walked away towards the palace. Scott wouldn't let Rel stay far from him, in case something went wrong. Candence knew the palace doctor and was fine with Rel transferring to the palace and being under his care.
   The sun had set by the time they left and Scott helped Rel through the streets and up to the palace doors. A tired Clive answered the soft knock and his face lit up when he saw the two.
   "What happened to you? You look like you just fought a dragon." Rel and Scott exchanged a glance before Scott turned back to Clive.
   "The Mythlands and the Lost Empire are now our enemies. They are no longer welcome in Rivendell." Clive looked shocked before stepping aside and letting the two elves pass through the door and start heading up the stairs to the king's quarters.
   "Good night your majesty" Clive said, walking towards the servants quarters after seeing Rel and Scott safely up the stairs.
   "Good night" Rel said softly,
   "Good night Clive and thank you" Scott said. Clive nodded his head before disappearing behind a corner. "Cmon Snowflake let's go to bed" Rel nodded limping towards the door to Scott's room.

.:():.

   Rel stood carefully, wincing at the pain in their chest. This was one of the many times they were glad Elves healed so quickly. Scott grunted sitting up at the loss of body heat from Rel.
   "Rel?" Scott said tiredly, rubbing his eyes, "Are you alright?" Another tremor shook the room and a picture frame fell off a bookcase as well as a few books. Rel grabbed a poster of the bed, steadying themselves.
   "I'm fine, but something isn't right" They said blowing a stray hair out of their face as Scott stood from the bed, pulling on a shirt and walking over to Rel.
   "Do you think it is outside?" Scott asked, looking towards the balcony.
   "Yeah I think it is, can you help me walk out there" Rel's face turned a shade darker as they hid their face in embarrassment from asking for help.
   "Oh course!" Scott chuckled at Rel's reaction as he took their hand in his and steadied them to the curtain to the outside. He pushed open the curtain and walked out with Rel. Both of the elves walked to the railing, hand in hand, and looked over the edge and into the village and towards the enchantment tower.
   Another tremor shook the earth and the dirt on the outskirts of the kingdom seemed to shift. The sky started to turn a sickening red and Rel clutched Scott's hand tighter. Scott could feel the stumps of their fingers shivering with fear. The hair on the back of Scott's neck rose as the ground shook more violently, almost causing him to be thrown off of the edge.
A grumbling sound was heard and suddenly a writhing red tentacle burst from the ground near the stables. It reached up into the sky and bent slightly, before freezing in place and becoming immobile. Another grumbling sound was heard as tentacle after tentacle burst from the ground and reached into the sky before becoming immobile. Scott clutched Rel's arm tightly and the duo watched as the tentacles surrounded the kingdom. Another tremor shook the earth and the stone started to split, near the Tower of Enchantment.
A tentacle, bigger than the rest, burst from the ground and instead of reaching for the sky, it wrapped itself around the tower and the soft blue glow of the crystal slowly faded until it was gone and the tentacle had become immobile. Rel and Scott watched in horror as a glow came back to the crystal but this time it wasn't blue. It was red. Bright, blood red. A loud and horrifying laughter filled the valley and a few houses down in the city caught fire. Scott was frozen in place. Rel tried to shake him out of his trance as they heard screaming from the villagers down below. Scott watched as his kingdom went down in chaos. All because he couldn't stop the End War and now his subjects had to pay for it. Rel wrapped their arms and wings around him and he accepted the hug gratefully, letting the first tears start falling down his face. With a wet face he locked eyes with Rel.
"Xxornoth will pay. He will pay for all he has done. I don't care if he was Ronoth in the past. Ronoth would never burn his home and he certainly wouldn't hurt the crystal. He isn't my brother anymore. He will be defeated and I am going to do it myself."

.:():.

Lily crouched on top of the tallest tower of the academy her hair blowing in the wind and her eyes glowing white. The west wing of the academy was burning and the screaming of the students was heard echoing across the cliffs. Her wings fluttered behind her, helping herself hold her balance. She at watched as the tentacles erupted from the ground, surrounding the academy and the kingdom. Writhing their way up into the sky before becoming immobile.
"Exor has come, no empire is safe" The growling and roaring of Dragonspeak resounded in Lily's head and she turned to meet the purple eyes of Endora, hovering next to her. To most this would be an amazing sight. To Lily it was normal, especially when her power was heightened like this.
"You have told me. Has Aeor communed with you at all?" Lily said in the common tongue, fluttering her wings to turn herself more towards the ender dragon.
"No, he is still inside of that Elf King's head"
"That is for the best Endora, King Scott is the only way for him to affect the Overworld. Even if his physical form remains in the Aether" Lily gasped as a tentical shot out of the ground towards the Professor's tower. She flapped her small wings as hard as she could, flying as fast as she was able. Her wings were not used to her full weight so far from the ground and the muscles in her back ached. Endora flew below her. She had taken to watching over her egg from the Aether and tended to hang around the Crystal Cliffs.
"Protect the egg," Endora roared as she flapped, "Gemini is hurt"

AN: HOLY CRAP! We hit 5k reads! Thank all of you so much! This is insane. I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. For those who have kept up with me; I will be updating my Voice Reveal and small QnA soon. For those that don't care; go along with your buisness, just know that the next chapter will not be an update. Go outside and soak up some vitamin D. Love y'all!
~Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️